Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Need some car purchasing help

Old 04-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Skelly_GSR
RB does men

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some car purchasing help

Hey yall. Can i get some of your help on getting a car.

If any of you remember I sold my gsr a little bit ago, because i was sick of the whole modding scene, and my car just wasnt fun anymore. I sold it for about what I bought it for so i was really happy .

Now I just received information from MSA link for a summer internship so Im gonna be needing a car in about 3 weeks.

Now at first I wanted a wrx really bad due to its descently quick and it has four doors, and it can actually drive in the winter.

But the more and more I read about itr's im starting to get addicted to them. I really like how they are also pretty quick, and hangle really really well. Where i live i do not have to worry about theft and what not about owning an R. But the main problem is that they are pretty rare to get ahold of.

Whichever car I get I will be keeping it stock for a long time, due to paying off the rest of my loan to purchase the car.

My budget is about 17 grand or less, and i would like to have a semi performance car so i can do autocross'.

Any other cars do you guys think i should consider thats practical?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skelly_GSR
Hey yall. Can i get some of your help on getting a car.

If any of you remember I sold my gsr a little bit ago, because i was sick of the whole modding scene, and my car just wasnt fun anymore. I sold it for about what I bought it for so i was really happy .

Now I just received information from MSA link for a summer internship so Im gonna be needing a car in about 3 weeks.

Now at first I wanted a wrx really bad due to its descently quick and it has four doors, and it can actually drive in the winter.

But the more and more I read about itr's im starting to get addicted to them. I really like how they are also pretty quick, and hangle really really well. Where i live i do not have to worry about theft and what not about owning an R. But the main problem is that they are pretty rare to get ahold of.

Whichever car I get I will be keeping it stock for a long time, due to paying off the rest of my loan to purchase the car.

My budget is about 17 grand or less, and i would like to have a semi performance car so i can do autocross'.

Any other cars do you guys think i should consider thats practical?
well for under 20 you can get a tibouron? maybe the cobalt?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

thought about a rsx S?

ive been doing some thinking as well, and an rsx s is not too bad of a car. newer, lower mileage, and all that other bullshit, you can find one for a decent price.

:dunno:
Old 04-24-2005, 01:11 PM
dubcac
I

Spend a little more, you can get a new neon. I can't believe I'm saying it, but they're fast and decent autox cars from what I've seen. That torque goes a long way.

You could get a used WRX, that'd be cool..again, good autox car from awd...like you said, good winter car.

Could get a used ITR, bomb. Good handling, short gearing & LSD for autox. Hard to find, insurance will probably be a lot due to theft rates, etc. And like you said, can be hard to find in good shape/low miles.

Other than those, I can't really think of anything else in your price range besides a GSR/Prelude. Might be able to find an RSX-S for that price...02 maybe.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:34 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

2.5 rs?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:36 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

you probably know what i'm going to say....
Old 04-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Originally Posted by DC2
you probably know what i'm going to say....
chevy malibuu?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Anthony
ZOMG Pew Pew Laserbeams

rx-7 h: 240sx h: that's all i can think of
Old 04-24-2005, 01:41 PM
AP2
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Singhg83
chevy malibuu?
Pretty damn close
Old 04-24-2005, 01:44 PM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

Originally Posted by DC2
Pretty damn close
well, if he has 17 g's he could get 2, thats right 2 chevy aveo's.

i hear p/w are optional.
yea thats right ladies, optional.