Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Business Card...opinions?

Old 04-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Black2KGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dad E FatSacks
Ha Ha if only that was true
Bish. :sad:
Old 04-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Mandi

Originally Posted by M Type X
Long time no see, Basement buddies.

Mandi, the photo is freaky. And the thing about "illicit" comments, etc is freaky too. You're in the SE Pennsylvania area, right? Do you really think you need to spell that out like that in your advertising? It seems like common sense.

And while I'm nitpicking, let's go for a third thing: that Chinese character.

My suggestion: rethink your marketing.
Every single one of my existing clients loves the pic. THE PICTURE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE PEOPLE!! I have a thousand brochure with it on there.

The illicit comments thing DOES need to be on there. It happens. I has happened where I work. It has happened to every therapist I know. That is one thing that is NOT being removed. Unfortunately, It's not common sense to everyone.

What's wrong with the Chinese character? Kestrel already stated that it's fine.

Originally Posted by LexRespect
Thank you for sharing that you are an attractive female, I could care less. (Somone's defensive about their looks ) I gave my opinion and you can take it what it was worth, and if you couldn't tell, I was joking when I put that picture up. If you just read and not take things as a personal attack, you will move farther in life. Seacrest out!
You, sir, are a waste of my time and energy. You're a n00b. You know nothing about me and the many of times that other members and I have been through this deal about not joking when it comes to my profession.

It's a shame that some people have to be so ignorant and immature in today's world.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:30 PM
LexRespect
The illproducer

Originally Posted by Mandi
You, sir, are a waste of my time and energy. You're a n00b. You know nothing about me and the many of times that other members and I have been through this deal about not joking when it comes to my profession.

It's a shame that some people have to be so ignorant and immature in today's world.
NEWSFLASH: This is a car forum!!! What are you expecting really? If you wanted professional responses and cannot take constructive criticism from other people then you should analyze yourself more. People on here are giving opinions, but don't be surprised if some people can't be all serious like you.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:38 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

well i like it, i think it looks really nice and everything is easy on the eyes(not to busy i mean) and is spaced out nicely. i didnt read to far what everyone put so i dont know if this has already been answered/discussed, but i agree with nightshade about the photographer seeing it and getting all sue crazy on ya. about how it will turn out on a tiny card, that all depends on how you get it printed and how big the image is on the card. i think it should turn out fine tho.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Mandi

NEWSFLASH: This is a car forum!!! What are you expecting really? If you wanted professional responses and cannot take constructive criticism from other people then you should analyze yourself more. People on here are giving opinions, but don't be surprised if some people can't be all serious like you.

Well, you would have a valid point with your newsflash if i were posting this in the civic or integra forums. However, this is the basement where we talk about anythign and everything. Oh, and the "this is a car forum!!!" deal is older than dirt. That doesnt work around here.

I can take constructive criticism fine..when it's regarding my original question. I recieve it everyday. So far though, all ive gotten, with the exception of 2 posts maybe, have been comments on my brochure (which i wasnt asking about) and the picture.

And then you come along and make a moronic comment, not constructive or worthy of my time at all, and get all hyped up when someone calls you on it.

I apologize for not being as immature as you and actually taking something in my life seriously.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man I am going to be polite about this and lay it out for you on how this forum works.

This is the OT section as I am sure you figured by now. We chat and have kind of a sub community within this section of the board. We talk shit, we clown, and we also talk serious in here about various subjects.

We as long term members have also learned to differentiate the time and place for joking in a thread and how far we can take it. In the name of keeping civility for the most part we all hold to this unspoken rule and show respect towards each other.

Now...having a person such as yourself come in and try to disrupt the set order of things is not looked at with a very kind eye. Most new members slip in under the radar and watch a bit and just kind of blend in...no problem at all. Then we get people like you who want to instantly make waves and be the talk of the board because they have nothing better to do than waste bandwidth with their pointless comments...these are the ones who we take exception to and generally stop paying any attention to, it comes to the point where they are pretty much shunned by all and even us moderators tend to take an attitude with them.

Now you choose exactly how you want to be known on this board and we will proceed accordingly.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:50 PM
LexRespect
The illproducer

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Are you always this ignorant? Or is this just a special act to impress us in some fashion?
Thanks for the lecture. But I did give my opinion and I did not want it to be taken the wrong way, obviously it was, but I did not expect some people to be sooo sensitive.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Hands are kinda freaky, but you know what? You'll never forget it. Creative advertising IMO. Potential clients will look at it longer wondering "What the **ck is THAT?!" Then you get more time to talk to them about it and build a stronger business relationship. Cool Mandi, it's awesome to see people here getting ahead and excited in life.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:30 PM
b00gers

Again, the brochure is already done and has been finished and printed for 3 months now. Everyone already thinks its been designed by a professional. Why waste my money when i dont have hte money to waste?
I guess it is different over there. :dunno: It really looks like it was designed by someone like me h: I am not saying it is bad at all. Just not....eh whatever. And its not exactly "wasting" money to hire someone to produce something that will in return get your customers.

Who knows that except for Asians? I've had one Asian client, and that was Mike Louie. He never said anything. :dunno:
You should be more intelligent than to give a generization saying that Asians would know about a CHINESE character.
Old 04-10-2005, 02:16 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Too creepy of a business card for me, you should put a hot chick on there in some uniform to attract ppl to massage therapy.
Oh and how shallow are you? Is that what it takes to get your business? You never put a picture of yourself on a business card unless you are a relator. That is just low class especially for a massage therapist.