Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Business Card...opinions?

Old 04-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Black2KGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dad E FatSacks
i know it should have been more like

greek mafia
we'll fuvk you the fuvk up all over :reechy:
:lmfao:
that's OT, bish. Bringing up old shit.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Mandi

Originally Posted by antarius
Yeah, I think the arm thing is a little freaky and the information on the tips should be moved to second from the last -- just before the sexual disclaimer.

Also, add more good things that you do, to even out the amount of "restrictions" that seem necessary.

Basically, when I see that I first flip out because it looks weird with the hands, and then I read a whole bunch of "negative" things that I have to obide by, without hearing about the GOOD things that you do to balance it.

So, put more good things above the restrictions (which are necessary to list, I understsand), then list your restrictions/requirements, and be sure to move the tip-factor to second to last.

OH, and change that damn hand thing!

Just my 0.02, or maybe 0.25.
The brochure is already done and has been printed. I have a thousand copies of it and I love it, as does everyone else. Nothing is being changed to that. I just posted that picture because i was using it to compare my card to, since i want them to match.

Also, that's just the front, back and inside fold of my brochure. There are the 3 inside pages of it that i didnt post.

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Just to let you know one of the frst things you learn as a photographer is to not put a photo on your business card.

Couple reasons actually.

first its a small image and sometimes people don't see it as it should be (misreading the intentions of the image).

another reason is because many times the printers cannot get the card right no matter how many times they re-print the cards for you.

Just something to keep in mind.
The picture came out find on my brochure. I used a smaller version of it on the card. It should be fine, according to my standards.

Originally Posted by WiLL
To be blunt. I would hire a professional to design both. I think it would be a worthwhile investment.

And that image is freaky h:
Again, the brochure is already done and has been finished and printed for 3 months now. Everyone already thinks its been designed by a professional. Why waste my money when i dont have hte money to waste?

Originally Posted by DaKarMaul
the chinese character has no meaning. if you were going for health there are two characters that's required to form health.
Who knows that except for Asians? I've had one Asian client, and that was Mike Louie. He never said anything. :dunno:

Originally Posted by LexRespect
Lighten up meng, jeez it was just a joke.
No one needs to lighten up. You need to not make ignorant comments about my profession.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:12 PM
LexRespect
The illproducer

Originally Posted by Mandi
No one needs to lighten up. You need to not make ignorant comments about my profession.

You guys kill me.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Originally Posted by DaKarMaul
the chinese character has no meaning. if you were going for health there are two characters that's required to form health.
The character can stand on its own as a symbol for health. If you were to actually use it in a sentence, you would use a phrase containing the character.

I know this because my parents have a scroll at home with it
Old 04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Mandi

Originally Posted by LexRespect
[IMG]stupid, pointless image[/IMG]

You guys kill me.
Ok, maybe you don't quite understand. I am an attractive 21 year old female, practicing Massage Therapy. If i, for whatever ungodly reason, wanted my picture on my business cards or brochures, do you honestly think i would get the feedback needed to be a successful, legit therapist?

Besides, you said put a picture of "a hot chick on there in some uniform"...if you think that lady up there is a hot chick, then you have more issues than i previously assumed.

Edit* Not to mention that is one of the most unprofessional looking business cards i have ever seen.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Black2KGSR

if you think that lady up there is a hot chick, then you have more issues than i previously assumed.
hey now...everyone's hot to somebody. :happysad:
Old 04-09-2005, 09:19 PM
M Type X
Midwest Acurati

Long time no see, Basement buddies.

Mandi, the photo is freaky. And the thing about "illicit" comments, etc is freaky too. You're in the SE Pennsylvania area, right? Do you really think you need to spell that out like that in your advertising? It seems like common sense.

And while I'm nitpicking, let's go for a third thing: that Chinese character.

My suggestion: rethink your marketing.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
LexRespect
The illproducer

Ok, maybe you don't quite understand. I am an attractive 21 year old female, practicing Massage Therapy. If i, for whatever ungodly reason, wanted my picture on my business cards or brochures, do you honestly think i would get the feedback needed to be a successful, legit therapist?

Besides, you said put a picture of "a hot chick on there in some uniform"...if you think that lady up there is a hot chick, then you have more issues than i previously assumed.

Edit* Not to mention that is one of the most unprofessional looking business cards i have ever seen.
Thank you for sharing that you are an attractive female, I could care less. (Somone's defensive about their looks ) I gave my opinion and you can take it for what its worth, and if you couldn't tell, I was joking when I put that picture up. If you just read and not take things as a personal attack, you will move farther in life. Seacrest out!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Dad E FatSacks

Originally Posted by Darth2000GSR
hey now...everyone's hot to somebody. :happysad:
Ha Ha if only that was true
Old 04-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Black2KGSR

Originally Posted by M Type X
Mandi, the photo is freaky. And the thing about "illicit" comments, etc is freaky too. You're in the SE Pennsylvania area, right? Do you really think you need to spell that out like that in your advertising? It seems like common sense.
not really. if it's not written, I'll always assume otherwise. h: