Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Car Accident Case Rant

Old 01-31-2005, 03:39 PM
lil_1_2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Accident Case Rant

Okay so as some of you may know my case has been goin on for more then a year now. My accident was on Nov 2003. Battling it out with the insurance company and my attorney. Finally my attorney calls me today and bitches out. He says he cant get any more money and their final offer is 5500. With medical bills of around 3900 reduced to 2500, and his fee's were gonna be like 1700 (these are rough numbers) so i would end up gettin like 900 bucks. I though this was BS and i talked to my teacher and law advisor here at school who is an attorney among others and all advised me to wait it out and take it to trial if they didnt offer more. Well the bitch ass attorney calls me today saying he cant get more and we should settle. I said no dice!! Take it to trial, he said i could take it to trial but i would have to find another lawyer. So he's bitching out. I called my teach and asked her, she said make him do it, and if he doesnt he can release me and he wont get his regular 1/3. She said its ****ed up he's bitchin out and that she would take my case and settle it for the above amount and not charge me any fee's so i could get all the amount. I'm still pissed though, that ****in bitch ass lawyer just wants the easy way out! So **** him he's not getting shit if i can help it.

Anyone else have to deal with attorney's like this? grrrrr :rant:
Old 01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

you might have to pay him..
Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
Grifter

i got $300
Old 01-31-2005, 03:43 PM
puffy
bow down to king puffy

and he probably wants to get rid of you because he has a better paying case coming up
Old 01-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by lil_1_2002
Okay so as some of you may know my case has been goin on for more then a year now. My accident was on Nov 2003. Battling it out with the insurance company and my attorney. Finally my attorney calls me today and bitches out. He says he cant get any more money and their final offer is 5500. With medical bills of around 3900 reduced to 2500, and his fee's were gonna be like 1700 (these are rough numbers) so i would end up gettin like 900 bucks. I though this was BS and i talked to my teacher and law advisor here at school who is an attorney among others and all advised me to wait it out and take it to trial if they didnt offer more. Well the bitch ass attorney calls me today saying he cant get more and we should settle. I said no dice!! Take it to trial, he said i could take it to trial but i would have to find another lawyer. So he's bitching out. I called my teach and asked her, she said make him do it, and if he doesnt he can release me and he wont get his regular 1/3. She said its ****ed up he's bitchin out and that she would take my case and settle it for the above amount and not charge me any fee's so i could get all the amount. I'm still pissed though, that ****in bitch ass lawyer just wants the easy way out! So **** him he's not getting shit if i can help it.

Anyone else have to deal with attorney's like this? grrrrr :rant:

I will talk to a family friend who's a lawyer who specifically goes after other lawyers who do shady stuff. He might be able to help
Old 01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
lil_1_2002

Originally Posted by puffywoks
you might have to pay him..

nop. He told me that he wont charge me the attorney fees. He said though, if i decide to settle after i cancel my contract with him directly with the insurance company, then he would get his 1/3. After talkin to my teacher she said make him fight the case, if he doesnt want to then he basically fires me as a client, and he looses his right to his 1/3. Plus he said if i get another attorney he wont get 1/3. the 1/3 would go to my teacher if he takes it and she would end up just giving it to me since most of the work is done. Still pissed cause he's being a bitch.

Darth Grifter i got $300

That sucks what were the numbers in ur case? damages? medical cost? etc?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:48 PM
lil_1_2002

Originally Posted by puffywoks
and he probably wants to get rid of you because he has a better paying case coming up

Maybe, maybe not. This guy is a crummy lawyer. I think he's just looking for the easy way out and doesnt want to work. **** that, he hasnt done that much work to deserve 1700 for maybe like 6-10 hours of work.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Grifter

Originally Posted by lil_1_2002
nop. He told me that he wont charge me the attorney fees. He said though, if i decide to settle after i cancel my contract with him directly with the insurance company, then he would get his 1/3. After talkin to my teacher she said make him fight the case, if he doesnt want to then he basically fires me as a client, and he looses his right to his 1/3. Plus he said if i get another attorney he wont get 1/3. the 1/3 would go to my teacher if he takes it and she would end up just giving it to me since most of the work is done. Still pissed cause he's being a bitch.

That sucks what were the numbers in ur case? damages? medical cost? etc?
car ~6k
medical ~5k
Old 01-31-2005, 03:51 PM
lil_1_2002

Originally Posted by Darth Grifter
car ~6k
medical ~5k

hrm..damn. Why were your medical bills so much? and is that 6k from car the amount tehy paid you? or the damages?

Mines were medical 3900, and car 8500ish. But the 8500 is damages, or cost to fix it. They totaled it and gave me like 4k. But they use the 8500 as reference to the impact and approriate treatment. 5k in treatment is alot, that sucks that you only got like 300 bucks. I would have raised hell.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:53 PM
Grifter

car was worth about 11
i owed 5 more so i got back 6 for the car
or something like that