Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Official 9/11 Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 08:13 AM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by puffy
if u really think about it. Those ****ers were smart. They knew exactly where to make most damage. I don't think they can ever kill that many people again unless they nuke us or biowarfare.
no not really...they didnt realize that most of the parents that worked in the buildings where taking there kids to school...the buildings would have been full at 10am or so.
Old 08-20-2002, 08:19 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

It still hurts thinking about it.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:13 AM
JDM Hottie
I love my car!

I will never forget the feeling when I heard about all of those people and cops and firemen that were in the buildings. My best friend is a NY cop, my heart dropped, I was so scared that he was in there. I remember crying and calling his phone like crazy and I didn't get an answer until early the next morning. For days after the tragic event, he was at the site digging and he would call me whenever he got a brake. I love him!!!! I still worry about him, I want him to move here, where I feel like its safer
Old 08-20-2002, 09:21 AM
tommyboy
ImportXpression OG

Originally posted by JDM Hottie
I will never forget the feeling when I heard about all of those people and cops and firemen that were in the buildings. My best friend is a NY cop, my heart dropped, I was so scared that he was in there. I remember crying and calling his phone like crazy and I didn't get an answer until early the next morning. For days after the tragic event, he was at the site digging and he would call me whenever he got a brake. I love him!!!! I still worry about him, I want him to move here, where I feel like its safer
with that basterd bin laden around US is not safe anywhere. Im pretty sure if he is gona attack again it wont be nyc. But glad your friend is okay.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:28 PM
MNY2BRN
I hate you too

I dont believe getting rid of bin laden will help as much as some may think. I agree he is a bastard and if you gave me 5 minutes in a locked room with him, I'd come up with some crazy **** to torture him with. BUT our problem is with the people who think like him and practice the ideals he supports. But it is not something i fear. I dont fear a bunch of cowerdly basterds who hide behind a "holy war." I feal for everyone who was affected by the events but I supprt our reaction to the situation. See, I hate when people say we shouldnt be looking for "revenge" It is justice not revenge. These people must be stopped and we cant go over there and ask them nicely. I remeber watching a peace protest like a week after everything happened and I thought to myself, If it wasnt for war and unfortunatly death, we would be speaking with a British accent, or have black slaves or even saluting a Swastika. THATS the thing i would fear, but I dont beacuse we live in the best country in the world, and i whoel heartedly believe that. Thats some of my opinions, what do you guys think?
Old 08-20-2002, 03:49 PM
MQue
We got this

I think it's the worst thing that can happen to a new yorker. My Mom had an office there but thank god she was at her other office a few blocks away. I had never been so scared in my life. I use to chill on the 96 fl. all the time waiting to go out to lunch w/ my mom. All i wanted to do was be home w/ my folks but i could'nt do a thing from Cali. Everytime I see somthing on the tv about it, I feel like I'm watching it for the 1st time.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:59 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by asiandoood
It still hurts thinking about it.
:werd:

the only 2 things that hurts me inside is this and hurricane andrew....but thats different though. i still cant forget sept 11 and where i was at....i was in class and i was leaving about 11am or so and i turned on the radio and all i heard was news boardcasts i was like WTF then i was listening to it and i didnt move out of the parking lot for 25mins..i thought it was some kind of radio thing..i just didnt understand and was to shocked to believe it until i got home and saw those horrible images on TV.
Old 08-20-2002, 09:49 PM
DSC
Long way from home

Still makes me teary thinking about it.
I remember that day. Woke up, called my friend to get ready for school. His step-dad said "Hey you hear what happened" Huh? No what? "Your not gonna believe me. Turn on the T.V."
Turn it on, and the building just in flames. Every channel, like in a movie. Watching people jump from the building, watching the video's that they got of the plane crashing into it. Thinking of all the people that were trapped inside, and all the lives affected.

I still remember the story, of how two people jumped, holding hands.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:56 AM
ahead

i woke up to go to work and my cousin called me and told me to turn on the tv. i turned it on and i couldnt belive what i was watching, it really freaked me out. i called work and no one picked up, so i went anyway. i worked at universal studios in LA and the security was crazy, i got into the office and they told me to go home cause of what happend, so i went back home. watched it a bit more and called my cousin and went to breakfast. my dad told me to be careful since we are of middle eastern decent and that alot of people will be pissed off about it and that i should watch my back cause of that. that night i didnt sleep and i felt that my life had changed, that i should live my life a day at a time and try to do everything ive always wanted to do. i listend to 3rd eye blinds hows it gonna be for 3 hours straight and i almost cried. i could hear the fighter jets flying over my house all night. but now that i look back on it i dont know what to think. part of me wants to look at it the way that most others look at it, but then the part that thinks deeper makes me want to belive that the government knew about it and had done nothing to prevent all the lives that were lost that day. either way the whole situation was ****ed up, and i dont think its gonna get better. when were done beating them down after awhile, they will get their forces back up and it will be the same as 9-11 maybe even worse. to this day i wish i could have helped some how...
Old 08-21-2002, 09:12 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

yeah, i was at work that morning. I work in a military satellite communications operations center. we got a call and they said to turn on cnn. we did and i watched the events unfold. it took a little while for what i was watching to sink in. they locked down our post and nobody got in or out. phones started ringing off the hook, we had to get full accountability of everyone in the unit and so on and so forth. it was just a total mad house. i don't think i'll ever forget the look on the faces of the people around me.

Quick Reply: Official 9/11 Thread