Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Personal Loans and all that

Old 11-23-2004, 06:25 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal Loans and all that

Hey,

I got a question. Its gonna take me bout 1000 to finish the swap and additional parts for the swap and that includes the labor. Now i have a question. Im unemployed and in order for me to hasten my job search i need to get my car fixed. I was wondering if i was able to go to the bank and ask for a loan would the grant me one and just use my car as collateral or whatever.

ISP James mentioned this to me and it intrigued me to the point where im interesed in learning more about it. I cant get to certain places where i know i can find a job due to the fact that my car wont make it there in one piece. If anybody has any experience or something like that in this then the info you provide will br greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:30 PM
axemansean

You can loan money from a bank based on your credit and bank history. You do need a reliable car for some jobs.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:33 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Im already with the Philadelphia Federal Credit Union. I already have over draft protection with them that i've been paying on every month. But im wondering if they'd extend it for another 1000 - 1500. Im gonna pray that they will. My credit is cool. I got some stuff on there but its just stuff that im currently fighting as well. :happysad:
Old 11-23-2004, 06:34 PM
axemansean

Find something that is no interest for a year or so. That way you can get the money and pay it back without paying any interest. Or get a cosigner if you are worried.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:39 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Ight cool thanx for the info Sean. I know i got a interview and te guy said he can get me some jobs but its about a 45 - 70 minute drive and my car will over heat after bout 20 minues.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:49 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

see i think the dilemma you are gonna face is that you cannot get a loan while being unemployed,..the irony is you are unemployed because you do not have a loan to fix your car :thinking:
Old 11-23-2004, 06:50 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by WideBodyEK
see i think the dilemma you are gonna face is that you cannot get a loan while being unemployed,..the irony is you are unemployed because you do not have a loan to fix your car :thinking:
Some banks will give you a loan even if you are unemployed, and if they don't just get a cosigner.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:59 PM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

Yea see. I know i could pay the loan off. Its just I need my car to get to work :doh:

How bout we start a fund account for me at HAN :happysad:

Hey sean do you even have AIM
Old 11-23-2004, 07:04 PM
axemansean

Originally Posted by Jae Jae Binks
Hey sean do you even have AIM
Not on this machine right now, besides I don't know much about financial matters. You are talking to a guy who will start paying his $20k debt off in 2 weeks. :sad: