Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

new bin laden tape

Old 10-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bin laden tape

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...da_binladen_dc

Top Stories - Reuters
Reuters
Jazeera TV Says to Air Bin Laden Video Tape

18 minutes ago

DUBAI (Reuters) - Arab satellite television Al Jazeera said Friday it would broadcast a video tape from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden (news - web sites) addressing the American people, four days before the U.S. presidential election.

It said the tape, to be aired at 4 p.m. EDT, would discuss the reasons behind the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the United States that killed nearly 3,000 people and their repercussions.

An editor at Al Jazeera said the Qatar-based channel had received the tape earlier Friday but did not say how. He said the tape was new but did not give any details.

The Saudi-born fugitive appeared in a video tape broadcast by Al Jazeera in September 2003, showing him and his deputy Ayman al-Zawahri descending a mountainside calling for jihad and praising the Sept. 11 hijackers.

In April, Arab televisions broadcast an audio tape purportedly from Osama bin Laden offering a three-month truce to Europeans if they withdraw troops from Muslim nations. The deadline expired with no word from bin Laden.

U.S. intelligence agencies believe the militant is hiding in the remote, rugged border area between Afghanistan (news - web sites) and Pakistan.

The United States goes to the polls Tuesday to choose a new president.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Grifter

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bin3.jpg (23.3 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Grifter; 10-29-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Grifter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...bin_laden_tape

Al-Jazeera Airs Videotape by Bin Laden

5 minutes ago

Add to My Yahoo! Middle East - AP

CAIRO, Egypt - Osama bin Laden (news - web sites), reading a statement to the American people in a new videotape aired Friday, directly admitted for the first time that he ordered the Sept. 11 attacks and said "the best way to avoid another Manhattan" was to stop threatening Muslims' security.

It was the first footage of the al-Qaida leader to surface in more than a year. The video, broadcast on Al-Jazeera, showed bin Laden with a long gray beard, wearing traditional white robes, a turban and a golden cloak reading from papers in front of a plain, brown curtain.

There was no immediate way to authenticate the tape or say when it was made, although it did refer to next week's presidential elections in the United States.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," bin Laden said, referring to the World Trade Center.

"God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind," he said.

He accused President Bush (news - web sites) of "misleading" the American people since the 2001 suicide airline hijackings that hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon (news - web sites).

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said.

"To the U.S. people, my talk is to you about the best way to avoid another disaster," he said. "I tell you: security is an important element of human life and free people do not give up their security."

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. It is known that those who hate freedom do not have dignified souls, like those of the 19 blessed ones," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

"We fought you because we are free .. and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security we undermine yours."

The image of bin Laden reading a statement was dramatically different from the few other videos of the al-Qaida leader that have emerged since the Sept. 11 attacks.

In the last videotape, issued Sept. 10, 2003, bin Laden is seen walking through rocky terrain with his top deputy Ayman al-Zawahri, both carrying automatic rifles. In a taped message issued at the same time, bin Laden praises the "great damage to the enemy" on Sept. 11 and mentions five hijackers by name.

In December 2001, the Pentagon released a videotape in which bin Laden is shown at a dinner with associates in Afghanistan (news - web sites) on Nov. 9, 2001, saying the destruction of the Sept. 11 attacks exceeded even his "optimistic" calculations.

But in none of his previous messages, audio or video, did bin Laden directly state that he ordered the attacks.

The last audiotape purportedly from bin Laden came in April. The speaker on the tape, which CIA (news - web sites) analysts said likely was the al-Qaida leader, offered a truce to European nations if they pull troops out of Muslim countries. The tape referred to the March 22 assassination by Israel of Hamas founder Sheik Ahmed Yassin.

Al-Zawahri, bin Laden's Egyptian deputy, has spoken on three recent audiotapes that emerged on June 11, Sept. 9 and Oct. 1 this year. In the latest, he called on young Muslims to strike the United States and its allies.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F*ck Bin Laden.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-29-2004, 01:20 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I was just watching the tape in fact and reading the transcripts of it.

Interesting comments he makes but to put much stock in what he says only serves to give him power.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:29 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, all you have to do is look at what he's saying.

Gone are his rants about how Islam will take over the world and how weak America is.

He has replaced them with obvious attempts to get us to "back off" and pull out of Islam countries. Obviously he is pleading with us to end our war on terrorism by trying to convince the American people that him and Al-Qaede were somehow forced to carry out the 9/11 attacks. It's absolutely pathetic, and so transparent.

Bottom line: If you read this and thought something negative about the war on terror, that's exactly what he wants you to think. Osama has officially endorsed John Kerry for president.

Full text:

You American people, my speech to you is the best way to avoid another conflict about the war and its reasons and results. I am telling you security is an important pillar of human life. And free people don't let go of their security contrary to Bush's claims that we hate freedom. He should tell us why we didn't hit Sweden for instance. Its known that those who hate freedom don't have dignified souls.like the 19 who were blessed. But we fought you because we are free people, we don't sleep on our oppression. We want to regain the freedom of our Muslim nation as you spill our security, we spill your security.

I am so surprised by you. Although we are in the fourth year after the events of Sept 11, Bush is still practicing distortion and misleading on you, and obscuring the main reasons and therefore the reasons are still existing to repeat what happened before. I will tell you the reasons behind theses incidents.

I will be honest with you on the moment when the decision was taken to understand. We never thought of hitting the towers. But after we were so fed up, and we saw the oppression of the American Israeli coalition on our people in Palestine and Lebanon, it came to my mind and the incidents that really touched me directly goes back to 1982 and the following incidents. When the US permitted the Israelis to invade Lebanon with the assistance of the 6th fleet. In these hard moments, it occurred to me so many meanings I cant explain but it resulted in a general feeling of rejecting oppression and gave me a hard determination to punish the oppressors. While I was looking at the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it came to my mind to punish the oppressor the same way and destroy towers in the US to get a taste of what they tasted, and quit killing our children and women.

We didn't find difficulty dealing with Bush and his administration due to the similarity of his regime and the regimes in our countries. Whish half of them are ruled by military and the other half by sons of kings and presidents and our experience with them is long. Both parties are arrogant and stubborn and the greediness and taking money without right and that similarity appeared during the visits of Bush to the region while people from our side were impressed by the US and hoped that these visits would influence our countries. Here he is being influenced by these regimes, Royal and military. And was feeling jealous they were staying for decades in power stealing the nations finances without anybody overseeing them. So he transferred the oppression of freedom and tyranny to his son and they call it the Patriot Law to fight terrorism. He was bright in putting his sons as governors in states and he didn't forget to transfer his experience from the rulers of our region to Florida to falsify elections to benefit from it in critical times.

We agreed with Mohamed Atta, god bless him, to execute the whole operation in 20 minutes. Before Bush and his administration would pay attention and we never thought that the high commander of the US armies would leave 50 thousand of his citizens in both towers to face the horrors by themselves when they most needed him because it seemed to distract his attention from listening to the girl telling him about her goat butting was more important than paying attention to airplanes butting the towers which gave us three times the time to execute the operation thank god.

Your security is not in the hands of Kerry or Bush or Al Qaeda. Your security is in your hands. Each state that doesn't mess with our security has automatically secured their security.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Osama has officially endorsed John Kerry for president.
He mentioned Kerry once, saying we're not safe saying if we elect Bush or Kerry... can you even read?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

he is a murderer. he outta die.
-----
Old 10-29-2004, 10:01 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

I already thought something negative on the war on terror. :reechy: I guess if I endorse Kerry that makes me a terrorist by association!!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:06 PM
More&Faster

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
Guys, all you have to do is look at what he's saying.

Gone are his rants about how Islam will take over the world and how weak America is.

He has replaced them with obvious attempts to get us to "back off" and pull out of Islam countries. Obviously he is pleading with us to end our war on terrorism by trying to convince the American people that him and Al-Qaede were somehow forced to carry out the 9/11 attacks. It's absolutely pathetic, and so transparent.

Bottom line: If you read this and thought something negative about the war on terror, that's exactly what he wants you to think. Osama has officially endorsed John Kerry for president.
well thats a pretty strong opinion. i happen to believe what he's saying. i think he's being more honest than bush has been (or kerry for that matter). for once he has said why he has attacked us. bush has yet to give the 'terrorists' that honor. instead, he paints them as irrational hate mongers who attack freedom loving people out of jealousy or just pure hate. its ridiculous and its an embarrasment. i'm not endorsing what bin laden has done, but i am saying that he has a valid viewpoint. these small countries who feel they have been attacked and exploited by the huge american military have no ability to defend themselves on the battlefields. 'terror' is the only way they feel they can get their message across. maybe lobbying the politicians in washington would be a better way to spend their resources, but thats besides the point. he's saying that the terrorist attacks were retaliations to american aggression, and that if we stop attacking them, they will stop attacking us. i absolutely do believe that, and i have believed it for some time. i admire bin laden's straight honesty with the american people, and his effort to remain non-partisan, since any endorsement of either candidate could result in them losing.

i'm not proposing any solutions to the problems in the middle east, i'm just saying that bin laden is a legitimate enemy, and does not lack honor.

on a side note, i am voting for kerry, but his response to this video did not please me.