Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

apple vs. pc

Old 10-19-2004, 08:41 AM
veen
Seņor Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default apple vs. pc

lets hear some debating. Lately, well always i guess, ive had problems with my pcs. Should i look into running a different OS, or look into an apple for my next computer? The problems im talking about are seeing like the blue screen of death and that sort of thing. Since i got my Toshiba Sattelite in July Ive had to use to the system recovery twice!!!!!! grr. what should i do
Old 10-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Discosmurf
3G Integra Aficionada

I've regretted getting a Mac.

EDIT: NOT getting a Mac.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:44 AM
strychnine
i am legend

pcs arent usually the problem, windows is. run linux.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:45 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

:chuckles:

I hate mac.

I haven't had a blue screen since I started using XP since before it was released :rick:

Sometimes the problem isn't the OS.... could be hardware... other software... or yes, user. And these 3 problems plague any OS, Mac, Windows, Linux, Sun, AIX...

Sure those Mac lovers will argue till beynod being blue in the face that Apple hardware rocks... in my experiances... I've seen Apple hardware fail more times than pc hardware that I've used.

Mac is much more expensive, you have to goto Apple for support, it's diffrent... for someone that is used to Windows, it's going to be confusing for most.

I would highly not recommend apple.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:51 AM
Grifter

its up to you
remember windows is where the money is at

and are you still selling that lip?
Old 10-19-2004, 09:08 AM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

myths myths and more myths. pc users have "seen" this...and "seen" that...and "heard" this...and "heard" that. it is all user error and frustration that is causing their problems with their experiences with Mac. im not argueing that Mac is all the better. i am both a PC and Mac user. i prefer Mac over PC for my uses.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:11 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

I like pc because I'm used to it. I get lost around the Mac. Macs look nicer though.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:13 AM
DB7 2.0
Banned

Originally Posted by asiandoood
myths myths and more myths. pc users have "seen" this...and "seen" that...and "heard" this...and "heard" that. it is all user error and frustration that is causing their problems with their experiences with Mac. im not argueing that Mac is all the better. i am both a PC and Mac user. i prefer Mac over PC for my uses.
:werd:
ive had my share of problems with BOTH platforms. Mac isnt some magical invincible machine.... but hell neither is the PC fo sho.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:19 AM
DB7 2.0
Banned

btw, a new line of iBooks came out with a lower price and more stuff built-in to it.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Skad
Worst Poster Eva

Originally Posted by clickwir
:chuckles:

I hate mac.

I haven't had a blue screen since I started using XP since before it was released :rick:

Sometimes the problem isn't the OS.... could be hardware... other software... or yes, user. And these 3 problems plague any OS, Mac, Windows, Linux, Sun, AIX...

Sure those Mac lovers will argue till beynod being blue in the face that Apple hardware rocks... in my experiances... I've seen Apple hardware fail more times than pc hardware that I've used.

Mac is much more expensive, you have to goto Apple for support, it's diffrent... for someone that is used to Windows, it's going to be confusing for most.

I would highly not recommend apple.
I hated Mac too, then I decided to do some research on it and actually give it a try.

I have both a Dual G5 and an AMD 64 machine for games. I prefer my Mac over my PC and yet I don't have many problems with the PC but I have none with the Mac. It's easier to navigate through Mac between windows, I can also surf the web without IE or Firefox crashing. Everything is a lot smoother and pretty much better.

It's REALLY on your budget & if you play a lot of PC games. Because Apple Computers are 1.) Expensive 2.) Not really game compliant.

Also, people that say Windows is better needs to be slapped. Even XP (which it's Kernel was designed by someone other than Microsoft). .DLL files are a nightmare! Registry is a nightmare! Internet Explorer integrated into the whole OS is a NIGHTMARE.

There is a reason Mac users swear by their machines and "love" them. I use my Mac 96% of the time over my PC to do schoolwork, graphic design, web-design, digital photography, music, web-surfing, etc..

Mac hardware doesn't fail as much as PC, nor does PC hardware fail much at all, it's mostly, not always, software issue.

Apple makes the hardware & software so it works a lot more smoother/reliable.

I'm sure there's lots of grammar & spelling errors, but I'm tired and need to g to sleep.