Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Ricer or Enthusiast?

Old 02-13-2004, 08:20 AM
ofthesun93
Xplicit Illusions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ricer or Enthusiast?

Most people who want to deck out there car and put aftermarket body kits are labeled ricers. Why is this? Maybe it'll come out looking clean who knows? These people arn't ricers they're enthusiasts. You cant just focus one one aspect of a car. We all know the rules of performance enhancement. The four S's: Suspension, Sound, Style and Speed. Ricers are the idiots who throw on euro lights and big ass wings with exhuast thinking they're bad asses. Correct me if im wrong please other wise dont be ignorant.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:24 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally Posted by ofthesun93
We all know the rules of performance enhancement. The four S's: Suspension, Sound, Style and Speed.
haha...yeah the hit from the subs will actually give you more forward motion if pointed the right direction...

I'm surprised people don't have their trunks open and their subs facing out to increase the efficiency.

Those huge combat front bumpers will also tremendously increase aerodynamics. I'm surprised riceboys haven't thought of a way to place all those dimples found on the underside of the new Lexus LS430 all over their cars to improve aerodynamics...

haha I'm ranting...

:blah: stop blabbing...ofthesun
Old 02-13-2004, 08:30 AM
ofthesun93
Xplicit Illusions

:blah: stop blabbing...ofthesun[/QUOTE]
To bad just another ignorant prick :shiner:
Old 02-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Falkon
still alive

I don't consider a body kit rice at all unless it's all beat to crap and the guy is trying to show it like it's better than other bumpers. I think most body kit front bumpers are ugly, so I'd go for stock with a lip. Sides and rear usually come out looking nice.

So suddenly when is it nice to have a good stereo? If you listen to music like me, you'd want it. My next car will have almost no engine mods, huge suspension mods, huge stereo, and probably little other. I guess that'll make the BMW rice
Old 02-13-2004, 09:59 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

:blah: stop blabbing...ofthesun
To bad just another ignorant prick :shiner:[/QUOTE]

well its my opinion...its HAN...you're a noOb....im entitled to it. :screwy:

Originally Posted by Falkon
I don't consider a body kit rice at all unless it's all beat to crap and the guy is trying to show it like it's better than other bumpers. I think most body kit front bumpers are ugly, so I'd go for stock with a lip. Sides and rear usually come out looking nice.

So suddenly when is it nice to have a good stereo? If you listen to music like me, you'd want it. My next car will have almost no engine mods, huge suspension mods, huge stereo, and probably little other. I guess that'll make the BMW rice
Again...misinterpreted what I said. Yeah a factory M# will outhandle/outperform a lot fo sports cars...BUT do you see any 30lb sub boxes, neons or layers upon layers of heavy fiberglass work to make it look perty? No sir you do not...niether do any true sports car for that matter.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:01 AM
rtpassini

****, my posts never work. i give up.
Old 02-13-2004, 10:45 AM
ofthesun93
Xplicit Illusions

Originally Posted by rtpassini
****, my posts never work. i give up.
i hear you man dont pay attention to what that dumbass says that bmw will be awesome i love bmw's. Huge sound is what everyone needs music is the ulitmate high. And if we want a 30lb sub then damnit we will have one and it wont make it a ricer. It will make it sound like heaven!!
Old 02-13-2004, 11:17 AM
Falkon
still alive

Originally Posted by honda_pilot
Again...misinterpreted what I said. Yeah a factory M# will outhandle/outperform a lot fo sports cars...BUT do you see any 30lb sub boxes, neons or layers upon layers of heavy fiberglass work to make it look perty? No sir you do not...niether do any true sports car for that matter.
Nah, I'm not getting an M3. I'm getting a 318ti. I agree with the whole neon thing, but see BMWs look good stock. They have skirts and lips and don't need extras. The audio system needs work though. Vipers come with JBL subs stock so don't even start with that crap. Fiberglass is good if you know how to do it and don't go overboard. Fiberglass is best suited for boxes and mounts, not anything else. I don't see why so many people have to be drinking that hatorade. I also don't see how a good sounding car is rice. That's like saying if you use better engine belts you're a ricer.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:19 AM
Soltaker
I'm a bad, bad man.

The problem is that the number of cars with the aluminum wings, unpainted cracked-up body kits, 17's in the back, stock steelies in the front far outnumber the nice and clean rides. I have always felt that the people with the nice rides actually have a clue, whereas the others deserve all of the heat they attract.

Something to keep in mind tho... if you are going to build up a car,

BUILD IT HOW YOU LIKE IT!

**** what everyone else says. So you like the style and image. Fine, then do all kinds of crazy sh!t and make it look decent. You like the boomin system? Go for it! The bottom line is it's YOUR $$. It's YOUR car. Build it so that YOU are happy with it. People just get too caught up in what others think if their cars. I have seen it time and time again... some kid at a show talking about how this APC spoiler is the latest and greatest thing on the market!! When asked if he LIKED it, he sidestepped the answer, only to exclaim that it is awesome and looks a lot like the one in F&F, so he wanted one for his car too. :ghey:

And as for the performance thing: same thing goes. If you are fine with a car running 14's...that's cool. But KNOW YOUR ROLE. Speed is fun and cool and all. But people get so damn bent on numbers, and instaltly label soleone a ricer for wanting their car to look different. Let's face it, if they were so bent on going fast, they wouldn't be driving a Honda.

Have a nice day
Old 02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally Posted by honda_pilot
ahhh well put, HP.

i hear you man dont pay attention to what that dumbass says that bmw will be awesome i love bmw's. Huge sound is what everyone needs music is the ulitmate high. And if we want a 30lb sub then damnit we will have one and it wont make it a ricer. It will make it sound like heaven!!
ahem. Gear to weight ratio. The reason people diss Hondas and such so much is because people make them look fast, and they're slow as balls. Body kits, speakers, fiberglass, etc ... it add's fuel to their fire. It makes them more and more right as time goes by.

Originally Posted by Falkon
That's like saying if you use better engine belts you're a ricer.
huh?

Quick Reply: Ricer or Enthusiast?