Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Transferring video?

Old 02-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transferring video?

Does anyone know of a way to transfer a digital video file from a computer to VHS?

I have an hour and a half of video from my 4 wheelin trip yesterday that someone wants a copy of on VHS but I am not sure how to go about doing this as none of my comps have an RCA output on them :thinking:
Old 02-08-2004, 02:14 PM
TeggerLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

convert it to vcd format, then play the vcd in ur dvd player and record w/ ur vcr:dunno:

gonna be time consuming thoh:
Old 02-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

I'm assuming you have a DV camcorder though? Hrm... if your camcorder allows pass-through DV conversion, you can plug your camcorder into the 1394 port and run the video out to a VCR.

If it doesn't, then the other option is to copy it to DV tape then to VHS, but that will take a while...
Old 02-08-2004, 02:24 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Epoch
I'm assuming you have a DV camcorder though? Hrm... if your camcorder allows pass-through DV conversion, you can plug your camcorder into the 1394 port and run the video out to a VCR.

If it doesn't, then the other option is to copy it to DV tape then to VHS, but that will take a while...
or if you have S-video output on the back of your computer you can plug the audio in through your speaker outs with a speaker to RCA converted and then run the S-video to the vcr....Run the digital video full screen on your computer and let it play for the hour and ahalf and it will send it to the VCR...
Old 02-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
or if you have S-video output on the back of your computer you can plug the audio in through your speaker outs with a speaker to RCA converted and then run the S-video to the vcr....Run the digital video full screen on your computer and let it play for the hour and ahalf and it will send it to the VCR...
Actually man, if he was editing in DV, he really would not want to do that if he wanted to maintain the video quality and the audio-video sync.

Hell, that would make the video track look as ugly as sin
Old 02-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by Epoch
Actually man, if he was editing in DV, he really would not want to do that if he wanted to maintain the video quality and the audio-video sync.

Hell, that would make the video track look as ugly as sin
I didnt say it would be pretty...I was just throwin out an idea...I mean if all he wants is for somebody to catch a video of him muddin around I dont think it needs to be THX certified.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:00 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b16aEGcivic
I didnt say it would be pretty...I was just throwin out an idea...I mean if all he wants is for somebody to catch a video of him muddin around I dont think it needs to be THX certified.
First of all let me clarify the fact that we were not "mudding around" as you put it but rather rockcrawling which is a much more technical skill than just pointing the machine and pushing the skinny pedal to the floor

I am trying to keep quality to the transfer so going to an S video output is not going to happen I may try the vdc approach and see how the resolution is.