Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Bush to pick panel for WMD inquiry

Old 02-02-2004, 06:13 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bush to pick panel for WMD inquiry

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/02/02/spr...wmd/index.html

Discuss.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is he really that stupid? I mean seriously I joke about the man constantly and don't have a high regard for him but he doesn't really expect us to believe he can pick a fair and neutral investigation committee......does he?

Bi-partisan or not as Tom Daschle said he will engineer the outcome.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:43 AM
sxecrow
Banned

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Is he really that stupid? I mean seriously I joke about the man constantly and don't have a high regard for him but he doesn't really expect us to believe he can pick a fair and neutral investigation committee......does he?

Bi-partisan or not as Tom Daschle said he will engineer the outcome.
You know I was thinking the exact same thing but was wondering what some other takes on it would be like.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:03 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I question whether bi-partisan or impartial exists in the US. No matter who leads the investigation one side or the other is not going to be happy with the results and say they are fabricated while the other will say that it is vindication for their earlier views.

Either way it is the voters that are going to decide in November...and even at that this country will be just as divided as it is now.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:42 PM
tib
ex-soler

I heard about this on the radio here, Bush plans to keep the results from either being found or getting out until after November.

Kay told a Senate panel last week that his group hasn't found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and said he didn't believe significant stockpiles of banned weapons would be found.
I would honestly forgive Bush and the intelligence he collected if he would just step up about it all and perhaps try to take some of the blame that is his. People do make mistakes, and this is most likely a huge one costing thousands of lives both now and in the future, but Bush and company are making a killing off this war (no pun intended). I just wish he would step up, take responsibility, admit some faults, and just tell the truth for once. From the get go Bush has been obsessed with November 2004 simply because over half the nation did not vote for him or really want him as president and he has always felt that if he wins this election it is proof that basically, people like him. Granted, most every president tries to get reelected, but this man has basically tried to spin a killing spree in Iraq into a war for freedom and patriotism while making himself and his buddies a nice bundle of cash and attempting to secure his presidency. He will appoint his cronies for this search, and we will hear of plenty of circumstantial evidence of mobile weapons labs and gobs of WMDs in the sand, its gonna be an interesting 4 years, with Dubya or not, i really don't think he completely understood what he got himself into or even still fully realizes what he has done in such a self-serving act as the leader of the biggest and most powerful nation in the world.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:53 PM
qtiger

Senior administration officials said earlier that Bush would set a deadline of early to mid-2005 in an effort to defuse the controversy as an election-year issue.
Operation Cover Bush's Ass in full effect, commander.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:31 AM
Odysseus

I saw on the news this morning that Halliburtin (I don't know how to spell it) overcharged the government by $27 million dollars for meals served to our troops. They reported that some 41 thousand meals were served when only some 14 thousand meals were served.

What bothers me the most is the outcome when I do the math. They were about 27000 meals short and over charged by 27 million dollars. If I'm not mistaken, that is $1000 per meal.

I guess our troops are eating well.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:41 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Odysseus
I saw on the news this morning that Halliburtin (I don't know how to spell it) overcharged the government by $27 million dollars for meals served to our troops. They reported that some 41 thousand meals were served when only some 14 thousand meals were served.

What bothers me the most is the outcome when I do the math. They were about 27000 meals short and over charged by 27 million dollars. If I'm not mistaken, that is $1000 per meal.

I guess our troops are eating well.
Not knocking your post but what does this have to do with the WMD inquiry?