Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

I know this is a stretch, but I need some help

Old 01-25-2004, 02:18 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I know this is a stretch, but I need some help

I'm looking to replace my shift knob, and I found a good shift knob to replace it with. This may sound odd, but its the shifter that comes on the 02-03 WRX. It's fully leather wrapped and has the 1-5 gears (w/ reverse) stamped on it. I know that it screws on and off, but for the life of me, I can't find anything that will tell me if it will screw onto my current shifter.

heres a pic:

anyone know if the threading on this knob is the same as Integra shift knobs? :dunno:
Old 01-25-2004, 03:36 PM
qtiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks just like a GSR knob to me. :thinking:
Old 01-25-2004, 04:47 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

It does NOT

My buddy has a WRX, and got a new knob. He gave me his stock WRX leather knob, same as pictures above. Out shift levers are too skinny, it doesn't screw on.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:58 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by ManInCamo
It does NOT

My buddy has a WRX, and got a new knob. He gave me his stock WRX leather knob, same as pictures above. Out shift levers are too skinny, it doesn't screw on.
:sad:

good to know though. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:08 PM
More&Faster

just put a bunch of clay in there and shove it on! :drunk:

seriously, if you really want to put it on, you could manage it. you might have to use glue or something. or maybe just paper or something to make it way tight. maybe this is too ghetto for you i dont know. its probably too ghetto for just about everyone but me. back in high school i used a golf ball as a shifter knob on my vw golf. i thought it was hawt! :rockon:
Old 01-25-2004, 05:23 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Originally Posted by More&Faster
just put a bunch of clay in there and shove it on! :drunk:

seriously, if you really want to put it on, you could manage it. you might have to use glue or something. or maybe just paper or something to make it way tight. maybe this is too ghetto for you i dont know. its probably too ghetto for just about everyone but me. back in high school i used a golf ball as a shifter knob on my vw golf. i thought it was hawt! :rockon:

lol I thought about it, but its not like I dont like my current shifter...I just wanted a black leather one to match my leather seats and black interior. It's not really important I guess. I could always go with the Momo short anatomical leather shifter :dunno:
Old 01-25-2004, 06:26 PM
Falkon
still alive

See if a 300zx J-spec knob will fit. They look awesome.