Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Opinion Needed - 2012 Jaguar XF

Old 04-06-2014, 06:29 AM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion Needed - 2012 Jaguar XF

I may have an opportunity to pick up a 2012 Jaguar XF (non-supercharged) off lease next year. The car belongs to a family member and has low milage (8,500 miles in 2 years). Car is well maintained, and absolutely not abused.

Since Jaguar structures their leases with a low residual value, there is a chance the buy-out price may be less than the private sale trade-in price when the car comes off lease. Assuming the price makes sense and the mileage is under 15,000, would you make the deal?
Old 04-06-2014, 07:18 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope wouldn't touch it because...well you know, Jaguar.

Notoriously shitty reliability, electrical issues, injector issues, drivetrain issues...and so on. Those cars tend to spend more time in the shop than a Range Rover, and that's saying something especially considering the cost of parts and labor to get them repaired for recurring issues.

Not gonna lie they are good looking cars but if you gave me one I would park it until it sold.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:22 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Jaguar's are no where near the old ones... Same with Land/Range Rover. The XF has been a great car and they look sexy. Prices will probably be dropping on used XF's with the release of the all aluminum XF.