What's everyone doing career wise in 2014-2015? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    First Anesthesiology Residency interview is this upcoming Monday in Georgia. I have three set up so far. My wife has like 14 Pediatrics interviews, so I have some catching up to do.

Just bought a nintendo switch to get me through the many hours I'll be spending on an airplane over the next 3 months.
    '10 Crystal Black Pearl Fit Sport 5MT
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Zackk, good luck, sounds like you are doing great with your plans.

I gave up the computer gig almost 3 years ago. I hated it and I wasn't good at it anyways. I now work for a "prestigious" all women's college here in Massachusetts. I work for the college's Dining Services Department, and I manage a dining hall (2 rooms separated by 250 foot long kitchen). Yes, I am officially a "lunch lady" and I am okay with that. The kitchen I work at is the Asian Fusion kitchen. Fusion meaning a bunch of white people cooking. We're one of the busier kitchens and understaffed on campus. I have about 15 student workers from all over the world that I manage. My current head student worker is from Kenya, she is awesome. I also have quite a bit of students from Nepal & South America. I take care of everything that has to do with the Dining Halls, cleaning, stocking, etc. The pay is great, highest in state of MA for food service, and it's a union job. I can take summer's off, but I find work at the college through their summer programs. I have also been in a relationship for almost 6 years now, bless her soul she is amazing. I was able to get her a job at the college last year. So things are good. knock on wood.

edit*
    I am also on the board for a non profit in CT that my friend started to raise money for the homeless. We do adventure gaming nights playing Hero-quest. www.dungeonsofhope.org is the charity.
    Last edited by ShaolinLueb; 12-19-17 at 10:01 AM.

Johnny "Itís bullshit, I did not hit her. I did nooot. Oh hi, Mark!"

After leaving Universal Studios and NBC Universal, went on to be IT Manager at an Aerospace company.
    Last edited by jesusublime99; 01-14-18 at 12:37 AM.
    Ď95 GSR... finally
    My GSR build - 152 tq, 196 hp
    Ď00 Integra LS - Sold

Residency interviews are done. May be coming back for you Phat :o
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Allergic to vitamin D umop-apisdn's Avatar
    Made TSgt in nine years. Ten years of active duty in April. Halfway there already. Where does the time go?
    Last edited by umop-apisdn; 01-16-18 at 02:34 PM.
    '00 Milano Red Civic Si
    '16 Chevy SS "Performance Sedan" Red Hot II 6M Sunroof + Spare - #4/27

44_2.jpg

buying my first ambulance.
    Last edited by DarkStarr; 02-07-18 at 06:27 PM.
    2017 Toyoto RAV4 Limited Hybrid
    2017 Toyota Tacoma DCLB TRD Off Road

Holy shit man. That's awesome.

I also see that flair....looking to get a Tacoma soon. How do you like it?
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

I used to work for these guys. I've been searching high and low for the best deal on my first truck for my event services company, and it turns out it's 2 miles from my house. They bought it new in 2011 for $140k and I'm picking it up for $22.5k. The used ambulance market is so hard to figure out.

Love the Tacoma. Picked it up a month ago and have about 1000 miles on it now. I have the Off Road which offers a better ride than the Sport, which is tuned a bit tighter. Very spacious interior. I did order a knockoff TRD Pro grill to get rid of that cheese grater. Also, I'm seeing rumors for a diesel Tacoma in the next year or 2? That will kick ass. 2018+ all have the tech package standard. My '17 does not. If I had to pick again, I'd have gotten something with the tech package (parking sensors, auto lights, radar for cruise control, etc). I will tell you this, it will certainly hold up better for you against your next unfortunate combine incident..

2018-01-19 08.54.12.jpg2018-01-15 20.50.35.jpg
    Last edited by DarkStarr; 02-08-18 at 08:32 PM.

Damn that looks nice. Awesome ambulance steal, and awesome memory on the combine lmao.

Wife's CX5 is paid off this year so if a deal presents itself I may jump on it. Still need to get the bumper fixed on the fit from when I was rear ended.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

2018-02-09 16.35.47.jpg

So much better.

You may not have much luck finding any deals on a new taco. Dealers don't seem to be willing to budge much and know they retain their value. If you're looking for a 2nd gen CPO, you might!