What's everyone doing career wise in 2014-2015? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Bootyologist (__i__) yellowbastard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jafro View Post
    Managing all Apple logo'd devices except watches and iPods on a 9500 user private university campus as the Tier-3 Technical Coordinator by day.
    AirWatch or MobileIron?

I go duffy on dem bitches spanky's Avatar
    Accepted a new job with the state at about a 25% pay increase.
    Weight Loss Counter 2.0 // Start: 340.8 | Current: 170.2 | Lost: 170.6

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." - Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Spanky chills

Bootyologist (__i__) yellowbastard's Avatar
    Congrats homey!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelly_GSR View Post
    Spanky chills
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbastard View Post
    Congrats homey!
    thanks doods

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." - Karl Marx

Still chugging along in medical school.

Last semester of being in the classroom, then I'll move to one of my school's teaching hospitals. I have the most important test of my life in June, step 1 of my licensing exams. 8 hours, 400 questions and only 1 shot to take the test over everything I've learned in two years. Score completely dictates what specialties and residency options I'll have available to me. Pressure is on.

Congrats spanks! Can't wait to move back to Louisiana. Looks like I might be in Arkansas next year for my clinical rotations.
    '10 Crystal Black Pearl Fit Sport 5MT
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Quote Originally Posted by RicoD View Post
    2014 started off mediocre but seems to be ending busy as hell...It's looking like 2015 is not going to get better...
    The last 3 months of 2015 I was thrown into a position at work where they put me in charge of a fast track project... small compared to what my company does but it was the most stressful time of my life. Glad it's over...
    Want noods of CuppyCake? Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Zackk View Post
    Still chugging along in medical school.

Last semester of being in the classroom, then I'll move to one of my school's teaching hospitals. I have the most important test of my life in June, step 1 of my licensing exams. 8 hours, 400 questions and only 1 shot to take the test over everything I've learned in two years. Score completely dictates what specialties and residency options I'll have available to me. Pressure is on.

Congrats spanks! Can't wait to move back to Louisiana. Looks like I might be in Arkansas next year for my clinical rotations.
    My brother in law is a bariatric robotic surgeon, he just finished his residency... dude went from OK pay to ridiculously. Good luck with your exam man, shit seems extremely long, stressful, and drawn out, but well worth it if you love what you do and you get paid the bucks for it.
    Want noods of CuppyCake? Click here

Things are finally moving with this. I start April 4th. I put in my 2 weeks notice yesterday.

Also, it's actually 30% pay increase, not 25.

Good work.
    2007 Ducati 1098
    2011 Jeep GC Laredo

Still at the same place I was in 2011 but now management (started as a peon making $12/hour now at ~$38). Love my job and what I get to do!
    '15 Subaru Forester || '15 Mazda 3 Hatch || '08 Honda Shadow Aero 750
    '03 Mazda Protege5 || '07 MazdaSpeed3 (red) || '08 Suzuki GSX-R600 (yellow/black) || '00 Prelude SH. no more

my bros moving on up

same ol' crap. Making a little less than I did a couple years ago, but still way more than enough. :o

Anybody moving to the Denver area?
    '88 FJ62: V8 swap, ARB locked front and rear, full float rear axle, Warn 9.5k
    '96 ToyLex LX450: lifted, 3x Locked, bashed and bruised, 300k miles and counting
    '09 Acura TSX Tech
    '11 Lexus IS 350 AWD

I was in Denver 3 weeks ago!
    dot

Still working in Pediatrics. Keep getting regular raises. Making about 10% more now than when I started 2.5 years ago. Due for another raise this month
    2010 Honda Fit
    2006 Ducati 749 Dark (SOLD)
    "Sometimes I visit gay websites" -CRAIGHIMSELF
    "15? I thought she was 17." -AF
    "I began to fantasize about a world where smiling amputees know my name." -RedX

Got married last week. :o

Taking my last exam of my preclinical years of medical school on tuesday. Thank christ. Moving to our teaching hospital in Arkansas in July. Can't wait to get out of Tennessee.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

I start Arabic school on Thursday.

Got married last week. :o

Taking my last exam of my preclinical years of medical school on tuesday. Thank christ. Moving to our teaching hospital in Arkansas in July. Can't wait to get out of Tennessee.
    Come to PA. I need a medical director o:

Also, how do you like the CX-5?
    2007 Ducati 1098
    2011 Jeep GC Laredo

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarr View Post
    Come to PA. I need a medical director o:

Also, how do you like the CX-5?
    I'm ready to live somewhere warm again.

And we absolutely love the CX-5. AWD, and 27-28mpg observed. Interior is fantastic, has all the bells and whistles we'll need in the near future (bluetooth, back up camera, blind spot detection etc). And it's got a lifetime​ powertrain warranty.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

I really dig the new mazdas. Woulda bought a 6, but they're just too big. New miata retractable fastback targa is hawt sex
    '88 FJ62: V8 swap, ARB locked front and rear, full float rear axle, Warn 9.5k
    '96 ToyLex LX450: lifted, 3x Locked, bashed and bruised, 300k miles and counting
    '09 Acura TSX Tech
    '11 Lexus IS 350 AWD

Left old job and now an Account Exec for a manufacturer/solutions provider.

1 week into my new job and it's going great :coold:

I'm ready to live somewhere warm again.

And we absolutely love the CX-5. AWD, and 27-28mpg observed. Interior is fantastic, has all the bells and whistles we'll need in the near future (bluetooth, back up camera, blind spot detection etc). And it's got a lifetime​ powertrain warranty.
    Might be enough to get me away from my Jeep GC. I would much prefer that MPG over my 16-17..

and that warranty? Yeah my powertrain warranty was apparently up last October. Transfer case leak wasn't covered
    2007 Ducati 1098
    2011 Jeep GC Laredo

Quote Originally Posted by RicoD View Post
    My brother in law is a bariatric robotic surgeon, he just finished his residency... dude went from OK pay to ridiculously. Good luck with your exam man, shit seems extremely long, stressful, and drawn out, but well worth it if you love what you do and you get paid the bucks for it.
    Surgeons bring home the loot. They also tend to not really have too much time outside of work, *generally speaking*.

It's not unusual for your pay to quadruple over night when you finish your residency and become a fully licensed MD/DO. In the case of your brother in law, he probably multiplied his residency pay 6x or more.

When people look at the pay physicians make they're blown away. And yeah, I get it, it's an absolute shitload of money. There's no question. What people don't realize is how much we pay (both in time and money) to get there. I won't be a licensed doc until I'm 32 at the earliest. And I started young. My wife is in school with me, and our medical degrees will cost us $300k each. That puts a lot of pressure on you to specialize so you make more money.

Either way, I'll be happy with whatever field I end up going into. It's very easy to get beat up in this process and forget why you're here. I've been studying 14 hours a day for the past 2 weeks (and will for the next 5 weeks) to sit for one 8 hour exam that fully dictates what residencies will be an option for me. These first two years of medical school have taken 5 years off my life in stress and sleep deprivation. I really didn't know what I was getting myself into as a 22 year old applying to school. Most don't. It really beats you up. I'm glad I am where I am, and I'd do it again if given the option, I think. But maybe not.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Dont forget that half your check goes to malpractice insurance or whatever crazy amount it is
    DB Squad
    Integra Forum Moderator
    2013 BMW X5 xdrive50i M-Sport / 2013 Chevrolet Volt / 1999 Subaru Impreza RS EJ205

Quote Originally Posted by Spec R View Post
    Dont forget that half your check goes to malpractice insurance or whatever crazy amount it is
    It's really dependent on your work setting. If you work for a hospital or a large health system they will almost certainly pay your malpractice insurance. Of course you get compensated less, but the stuff you hear on TV when the MD/DO says they pay $2000 a month for malpractice isn't a reality, unless they're an OB/GYN or neurosurgeon in private practice or something.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Update:

In my last year of medical school, graduate next May. I'm applying for residency in Anesthesiology (Tulane be good to me bby) and my wife is applying for Pediatrics. Last licensing exam is next month. Everyone takes it easy on you as a 4th year, I go home from the hospital at basically noon every day. Going to have to pull out an additional 10k loan just to use for residency applications. It's such a broken fucking process. I'll find out where I'm going to do residency in March, then it's basically a vacation until July when the shit basically starts over and I'm an intern working 100 hour weeks.
    '15 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD

Been 19 years at the same place. Not sure I'll hit 20 :/ Management is so incompetent that it's become cliche. Higher more people to have meetings, layoff people who make product, and shit all over the ones that are left. I just hope the severance is decent.
    the cake is a lie
    aux finally approved my DIY

Update:

In my last year of medical school, graduate next May. I'm applying for residency in Anesthesiology (Tulane be good to me bby) and my wife is applying for Pediatrics. Last licensing exam is next month. Everyone takes it easy on you as a 4th year, I go home from the hospital at basically noon every day. Going to have to pull out an additional 10k loan just to use for residency applications. It's such a broken fucking process. I'll find out where I'm going to do residency in March, then it's basically a vacation until July when the shit basically starts over and I'm an intern working 100 hour weeks.
    Where is the like button :o

Forgot to update my post from 2015, but I finally left the Police Department in September of 2015. I've been working for an MSP IT Company for the last nearly 2 years. Looking to make another change, same field, but bigger company. I'd like some room for growth.
    2011 BMW 328i xDrive