Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

workout crew help version 849452542

Old 12-07-2003, 01:04 AM
integboi220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default workout crew help version 849452542

ive been trying to hit the gym at least 3-4 times a week for the past 4 months now and its been a while since ive gotten really sore. am i not workin out enough? i usually stay there for a hour-1.5 hrs. i lately ive been trying to run for 15-20 mins before i start with my lifting. im 165 right now trying to gain muscle mass and maybe drop down to 150-155

another thing is i remember a website posted that has a list of tutorials for different excerises. ive tried doing a search but couldn't find it. thanx
Old 12-07-2003, 01:06 AM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Your sore when you start lifting initially because your muscles arent used to lifting, they tear/bleed and heal quickly and grow bigger.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Mac O

What do you weigh? How is your metabolism? These are two very important things to consider when establishing goals.
I have always been thin, but if I stick to working out 3-4 times a week for at least 3 months and make sure I'm eating well and/or using good supplements, the results are always drastic. It's best to have a partner so that you can push the envelop.
It's true that soreness results from the muscle being broken down or "torn," then thickening as it heals. That's how you build mass.
However, if you overtrain, you will be doing yourself more harm than good. I am trying something right now that I read about where powerlifters "listening to their bodies" lift pretty much when they feel like it, and just enough to raise the bar. My strength level has increased, etc. Check out Men's Health online or in magazine form for good basics. Schwarzenegger's Complete Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding is an excellent resource if you want a thorough book.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:51 PM
sinthetiq

exrx.net

lift big
eat right
Old 12-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Mac O

Whoops, my ADHD kicked in after reading your post. If you're around 165, try "negatives" with a partner, or supersets. You will definitely get sore again. Remember to listen to your body when it tells you you're doing too much. Sleep and eat well. Later.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:14 PM
dubcac
I

You should definitely step it up a little bit if you aren't getting any soreness. But I also agree that you shouldn't over-do it, because you'll end up hurting yourself and have chronic pain. Add some reps, sets, weight, whatever you feel like doing. Wanna get bigger? Add weight, remove reps. Wanna get cut? Remove weight, add reps. It all depends on what you want. A proper diet is also required if you want to see good results. I'd also like to point out that it's not how long you work out that determines your results, its how you work out. Make sure you have proper form, and work out hard...make good use of your time.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:31 PM
HawtPants
the one and only

try this:

lift very slowly...seriously, lift in slow motion, exhale slowly and try to do at least a set of 12-15. you will notice that you will get the "shivers" or start shaking when lifting and YOU WILL GET SORE THE NEXT DAY