Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Anyone have Charter for Phone/Internet/TV?

Old 10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Charter for Phone/Internet/TV?

Like the title says, does anyone have Charter providing all three services? If so what's your opinion about their service?

Thanks in advance!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-16-2013, 05:36 AM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

I don't have Charter as they are not in my region but I have a similar provider called Cox Communications which is also a coax/fiber provider. Are you just looking to hear about their overall service quality and customer support? If so, even though they are in various parts of the US, feedback may differ from region to region so I would try to find local opinions/rating if at all possible. Here is one example from Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/charter-comm...#query:charter.

You may be able to do a broader search for their customer service however as most likely you'll be calling into a call center on the other side of the nation even though local installers/technicians will be locally dispatched.

We just have internet services and video with 3 DVR's, using our cell phones for any calls but I've been looking to 'cut the cord' very soon for our video services. I've got Netflix as well as Amazon Prime so it should be a smooth transition. I also have an amplified HD antenna that picks up around 20 stations including local news.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had charter and switched. Internet was ok, no complaints. TV was ok, no real complaints. Customer service is god awful. Prices kept going up slowly. Once I realized I was paying 40% more than I should, I called and complained. It was a huge hassle, I dropped them and won't be going back.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:21 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Originally Posted by Zackk
I had charter and switched. Internet was ok, no complaints. TV was ok, no real complaints. Customer service is god awful. Prices kept going up slowly. Once I realized I was paying 40% more than I should, I called and complained. It was a huge hassle, I dropped them and won't be going back.
They're the only cable provider here my other choices are satellite or DSL. My brother in-law has satellite and when there are storms between his location and the satellite he loses reception. I'd get rid of the land line but my wife wants to keep it. Since I don't download much of anything DSL speed isn't much of a hassle, but if I want HD programming I don't know how well it will work. U-Verse was just introduced to my location, but I am on the tail end of the line, and again it's a thing of having all my eggs in one basket.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Hondaman
Black Pearl

I've had them for seven years. The service varies by area. Internet and TV were awful when I first got them. Several techs came out to look at it. Most of them said my wiring was bad until I told them it was brand new. Then they found something else wrong with my house until I proved the problem was on their end. After the bankruptcy they went through service got better and they invested in some upgrades in my area. Lately, it has been excellent. Rates start out really good, but slowly climb. After it got to a point that it was too high, I called an negotiated them back to where I started after threatening a couple of times to have them disconnect me. I have to do that 1-2 times per year. It's like dealing with a used car salesman. The customer service call center is located in northern WI (IIRC) so they are easy to understand and talk to.