Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Celica GT-S or RSX Type S?

Old 10-15-2003, 08:34 PM
dubcac
I

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSX.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:39 PM
The G2 Racer
Want Boost!

Originally posted by Deagle
A black RSX-S with tints, dropped a couple inches with 17" gunmetal SSR Comps and no spoiler. No aero kit, no wing, no neons under the car, no glowing wiper fluid nozzles, no stickers, no bolt in roll cage, no fake waste gate, etc.
Close to what I want but some 17" bronze Rota Attacks and a Rev Hard turbo kit under the hood, should keep me happy for a little bit.

As for a WRX, I wish. Insurance plus the price, I'd be killed.
I don't much like the new Accords. Also my old Civic was auto, never again.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Mandi

my ex boyfriend has a 2000 Celica GT-S, and his best friend has a 2002 RSX-S...ive ridden in both, seen both at the track and on the street and have come to love both of them, equally. theres things about the the celi i dont like, and things about the -s i dont like..but theyre both great cars. at the track, the gt-s owned the -s and i have timeslips and videos to prove it. if they both have the basic bolt-ons though, they stay side by side and neither can pull on the other significantly. over all, i consider them to be so similar theyre the same. there's minor differences, but all in all, its almost the same from both.

around here, celicas are like civic EX's....THEYRE EVERYWHERE!!!!!! of course, theres like 1 gt-s for every 15 gt's. the RSX isnt a common car, yet, around here. if i had to choose either, i'd go with the -s b/c theres something about it that is sexy as hell to me (and id get the red one)...and that is also because of the celica being so common here (this coming from a honda owner, lol)

anyway, if theres one that youre leaning towards the most, go for it. take ur instinct on this one. good luck! :thumbup:
Old 10-15-2003, 09:00 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Are we talking new or used here? Because I wouldn't want to buy a brand new RSX-S or GT-S just to slap a turbo on the thing.

A used WRX will be cheaper than a used RSX-S, easy. Insurance on most Hondas for young people is also really high, I can't imagine the WRX would be any more.

I personally think the WRX in stock form has several issues with how it drives but if you're talking about how you want to drag race and stuff then get it.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Mandi

Originally posted by MrFatbooty
Are we talking new or used here? Because I wouldn't want to buy a brand new RSX-S or GT-S just to slap a turbo on the thing.

A used WRX will be cheaper than a used RSX-S, easy. Insurance on most Hondas for young people is also really high, I can't imagine the WRX would be any more.

I personally think the WRX in stock form has several issues with how it drives but if you're talking about how you want to drag race and stuff then get it.
there isnt a bolt on turbo out for the gt-s anyway...its being developed now, but its not out yet.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:27 PM
The G2 Racer
Want Boost!

xs-engineering has a kit I beileve. SCC used it on their Matrix and blew the engine, compression ratio is high on the GT-S motor.

As for the WRX a good one is going for around 27G in my area. Dealerships want to damn much for these cars, I already looked.

I can get a new RSX Type S, with the factory fogs as the only selected option, for 26G and change out the door.
CyberNation makes a turbo kit for the S (I've read of people having problems with the Rev Hard one).
Also Fatbooty, I would first break the engine in for the first 5000km (which I can rack up quick cause I do a lot of driving) before I'd put a turbo kit on the car.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:10 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The RSX-S has a lot of n/a potential. With bolt ons you could hit 200-210 whp easy. For some more encouragement I present you with this dyno.

It is a K20A5 (JDM ITR motor) that is completely stock internally, with i/h/e and some time spent on the dyno.

With a K20A2 you could achieve similar results by installing aftermarket cams.

Not to say that you shouldn't go turbo but the motor's got a lot of potential without forced induction.But if you think about it, your typical GSR running 7 psi of boost will make less power.

Cams, i/h/e and some tuning is gonna be a bunch cheaper than a turbo kit and when you take the thing in for warranty work it will raise a LOT less eyebrows in the service department.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:09 AM
AcCoRd97Lx
Jordan ModaratOr

Originally posted by CiviChik97
there isnt a bolt on turbo out for the gt-s anyway...its being developed now, but its not out yet.
i post on some celica boards...

i think the XS one is already out, and i seen some chick w/ a custom turbo that is :drool: age!
Old 10-16-2003, 01:51 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by DakarM
RSX-S

I believe it to be a better car.

Of course I would not buy either car as I can't get comfortable in either one, but that's just me

:werd:

Since it's G2Racer here, you'll have plenty of time to THINK about it
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-16-2003, 05:03 AM
agent87
Need zzzzz's

Originally posted by The G2 Racer

As for the WRX a good one is going for around 27G in my area. Dealerships want to damn much for these cars, I already looked.
My brother just purchased a 2004 WRX with sunroof and spoiler for much less than that $27k MSRP. I'm sure with proper negotiating you'll be able to work something out. But I can tell your heart isn't set on the WRX...
Originally posted by MrFatbooty
The RSX-S has a lot of n/a potential. With bolt ons you could hit 200-210 whp easy. For some more encouragement I present you with this dyno.
Holy guacamole, that's pretty impressive. Even the potential 200-210 at the wheels with bolt ons impresses me...