Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Celica GT-S or RSX Type S?

Old 10-15-2003, 12:05 PM
S2Kev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DakarM

me too :highfive: for hatchback owners :yay:
:highfive back: oops, missed. h:
Old 10-15-2003, 12:08 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

I love both Toyota and Honda, but I will have to go with RSX for this one. Celica is getting a bit long in the tooth, it will probably be replaced soon so I would wait if you really wanted a Celica.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:33 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Stock-for-stock the Celica is a better track car in terms of raw lap times. But in every qualitative measure of driving feel the RSX-S kills it.

Plus the K20A2 has huge potential with relatively little in terms of modification. This is a dyno of an otherwise stock K20A2. The red line has no mods except it has been tuned on a dyno with a Hondata. The green line is with a CAI and the Hondata retuned for the CAI.

With just an intake and some tuning the car is putting down 190 to the wheels. Opening up the exhaust with a header and cat back has shown similarly good results. Basically you can get the wheel hp rating up to the stock crank hp rating with just bolt ons, which is pretty impressive for an already highly efficient 2-liter motor.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:34 PM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

WRX:thumbup:

i'm sorry but for the money you can't beat it. if honda comes out with a civic si based on the coupe body and with the RSX-S motor for about $20K that would be a nice choice also.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:37 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Daily driver? Celica. The GTS isn't that super common whereas the RSX is as common as Civics.

RSX looks like junk too and i'm sick of seeing punk kids driving with half their arms hanging out the window thinkin they are the shit' because they have sideskirts and a type-r wing. Morons.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:38 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

RSXS
Old 10-15-2003, 12:56 PM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

rsx-s>gts
i like the seats better for sure
the interior is better mo

also i just dont like celicas imo most girls drive them
only +1 celica has is in newe models have HID standard
Old 10-15-2003, 01:31 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Originally posted by evolution
Daily driver? Celica. The GTS isn't that super common whereas the RSX is as common as Civics.

RSX looks like junk too and i'm sick of seeing punk kids driving with half their arms hanging out the window thinkin they are the shit' because they have sideskirts and a type-r wing. Morons.
In MD it's the exact opposite. RSXs are fairly uncommon, and Celicas are EVERYWHERE, especially with dumb ricer teens who had their parents buy them.
Old 10-15-2003, 01:39 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Yeah there's tons of GT's around so if you buy a GT-S then you don't really stand out from that crowd. Though it's not impossible to have a nice clean looking Celica.

Still I think even though the GT-S is capable of a bit better numbers (this on a track that has turns, of course) in stock form the RSX-S is a much nicer car and with a few tweaks is still pretty formidable. Plus the engine kills the GT-S.
Old 10-15-2003, 04:10 PM
The G2 Racer
Want Boost!

Well, I don't much of either around where I am. It's all riced out Civics for the most part and some nice Euro cars.

Ok, another question. Right off the bat I'm looking at going turbo as it's the biggest power gain I can do (supporting mods will be there too). Still thinking the RSX would be quicker but I want opinions.