Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Is there any way I can get the UPS guy to leave a package at my building?

Old 10-09-2003, 05:59 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any way I can get the UPS guy to leave a package at my building?

I have a MP3 player that was supposed to be delivered to me yesterday. But the UPS dude came by at the exact same time (so says the tracking page) both yesterday and today and I'm at class then.

My building has all the outside doors locked, and there's not really a mail room. There's a wall of mailboxes inside one of the two outside doors. The way you get into the building without a key is to buzz up to someone's apartment and ask them to buzz you in.

Now one time, UPS actually left a missed delivery slip on the door to my apartment. I'm thinkin maybe *someone* with them has a key to the building. Hell, the mailman gets in just fine. Otherwise maybe UPS happened to be delivering a package to someone else in the building that was home.

So anyway, is there any prospect of getting the dude to leave my damn package here or am I going to have to sit in my apartment for several hours tomorrow as soon as I get out of class until the guy tries to make a delivery?
Old 10-09-2003, 06:10 PM
b00gers

on the delivery slip, it probably says, "signature needed." you can sign the slip and leave instructions to leave it with so and so. they wont leave it unattended.

tomorrow and the third and last delivery attempt. so if you miss it tomorrow, youre going to have to pick it up at the UPS counter.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:17 PM
b00gers

on the delivery slip, it probably says, "signature needed." you can sign the slip and leave instructions to leave it with so and so. they wont leave it unattended.

tomorrow and the third and last delivery attempt. so if you miss it tomorrow, youre going to have to pick it up at the UPS counter.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Like Will said twice, if you sign the slip, they will usually leave it. Ask a buddy to hangout in your room though, rather than having someone snake it sitting outside your door.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:22 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Nah man they didn't leave a delivery slip this time.

The one time the guy actually got into my building somehow they left a delivery slip but it seems like all they're doin lately is buzzing up to my apartment and when nobody's home they just bounce. No slip, nothin.

This is a small building, not a dorm or on-campus housing so I'm not worried if it sits in the hall for a few hours.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Does the slip have a sign here thing? I did that with my UPS packages and both they and FedEx leave stuff on my back porch. Sometimes the shipper will put a sticker on that says "must be signed for by purchaser" and you personally have to show ID and sign for it.

Old 10-09-2003, 06:27 PM
b00gers

looks like either you wait tomorrow or wait to pick it up from the ups counter.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:28 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally posted by Andy
Does the slip have a sign here thing? I did that with my UPS packages and both they and FedEx leave stuff on my back porch. Sometimes the shipper will put a sticker on that says "must be signed for by purchaser" and you personally have to show ID and sign for it.
THERE IS NO SLIP.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Originally posted by MrFatbooty
Nah man they didn't leave a delivery slip this time.
I though by this time you meant they left one yesterday. Just tape a note to your door that say "UPS guy, just leave the damn package already!"

Old 10-09-2003, 06:31 PM
b00gers

Originally posted by Andy
I though by this time you meant they left one yesterday. Just tape a note to your door that say "UPS guy, just leave the damn package already!"
UPS guys dont have keys to the apt. i think USPS peoples are given keys.

i dont think leaving an unoffical note like that would work. theres probably liability stuff they go through. :dunno: