Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

my first teg

Old 08-17-2007, 04:26 PM
dray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first teg

Ive owned many v8 low riders and enjoyed building them but got burned out on them. So i bought this 97 teg gs. After much research ive got a basic knowledge of what i want to do with such as civic si head and ecu, crowders 403 cams, shunk 2 intake and type r rods and pistion. As for looks im plan on keeping it simple, carbon fiber hood and trunk lid, carbon fiber side skirts, carbon fiber front and rear lip. And im sure u will come up with alittle more as i go, but here she is so far.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:49 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to burst your bubble, but all that and an automatic really don't mix.

On top of that, what you're talking about isn't as "simple" as you make it sound, it's really quite a challenge to do correctly. If you had bought an automatic to perform these mods on I'm not so sure you are in the right place to even try to do any of it.

Of course, you could always swap the transmission, but that would just be more cash poured in... sry bud, I just don't see it
Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 AM
dE.fUsEd
I still like honda's. :-/

And no offense, but those rims look terrible.
But whatever you think looks good is really all that matters. It's your car.

You would probably be better off just swapping an entire GSR motor in there with a 5-speed tranny, or just getting a different car if you plan on doing a lot of mods.

Honda auto trannies = :ugh:
Old 08-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by dray
civic si head and ecu, crowders 403 cams, shunk 2 intake and type r rods and pistion. As for looks im plan on keeping it simple, carbon fiber hood and trunk lid, carbon fiber side skirts, carbon fiber front and rear lip. And im sure u will come up with alittle more as i go, but here she is so far.

civic si head and ecu:
LS/VTEC swaps are not easy, and even harder to do right. If it is done with perfection it will suck my dick 80 ways from sunday. I also wouldn't run it on a stock Si ecu.

crowders 403 cams: What do you want these cams, what is your horsepower goals. You will never see the potential on these cams without bumping the C/R and going stand alone with a dyno tune.

shunk 2 intake and type r rods and pistion: if you are doing an LS/VTEC setup, than type R rod and Pistons are stupid. Also if you have to tear into the block anyhow you should be doing anftermarket pistons/rods.

carbon fiber everthing: whatever floats your boat, but get ready for it to all be cracked and chipped in a matter of weeks if you drive it regularly.

Lastly none of this matters because you have an automatic Honda tranny. Any amount of power will pop it like a zit so its a moot point.
Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 AM
dray

Originally Posted by Civic2Scooby

civic si head and ecu:
LS/VTEC swaps are not easy, and even harder to do right. If it is done with perfection it will suck my dick 80 ways from sunday. I also wouldn't run it on a stock Si ecu.

crowders 403 cams: What do you want these cams, what is your horsepower goals. You will never see the potential on these cams without bumping the C/R and going stand alone with a dyno tune.

shunk 2 intake and type r rods and pistion: if you are doing an LS/VTEC setup, than type R rod and Pistons are stupid. Also if you have to tear into the block anyhow you should be doing anftermarket pistons/rods.

carbon fiber everthing: whatever floats your boat, but get ready for it to all be cracked and chipped in a matter of weeks if you drive it regularly.

Lastly none of this matters because you have an automatic Honda tranny. Any amount of power will pop it like a zit so its a moot point.

You maybe right on all the points listed above, like i said ive built many v8s but never a four banger. As for as the ls/vtec swap, if im doing it it will be done right. But ive already been looking at a type r motor, tranny, and ecu for $4000. The only problem is i really want a blown one so i can build it myself. Carbon fiber cracking-maybe i will take a different route because i do drive alot.

ps. I like my rims
Old 08-18-2007, 08:51 AM
dray

Originally Posted by sherwood
On top of that, what you're talking about isn't as "simple" as you make it sound, it's really quite a challenge to do correctly. If you had bought an automatic to perform these mods on I'm not so sure you are in the right place to even try to do any of it.
I buy and sell repos and decided to keep this one, i didnt buy just to do mods too.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dray
ps. I like my rims
My guess is that they're way too heavy, adding too much rotating mass. Beyond that they are just wayyy to big for that car and don't allow the tires to do their job.

The LS/VTEC idea is okay, but remember it's not a simple "slap the head on" deal, you have to run oil lines, make sure your bottom end can handle the revs (B18a/b and B20b/z stock bottom ends will have problems in the 7-8k range)

The type-r engine is a waste of money, and throughly uninviting, the best VTEC head for B series engines is the P72 found on the GS-R or SiR-G. Its not a miracle worker, but I'd still rather have it if given the choice.

If you do know what you're talking about in any way you must realize you have a lot of research to do before jumping into this build, and that it will probably very costly to make reliable

PS:
please try not to double post
Old 08-18-2007, 12:01 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

I would forget the LS/Vtec and internals ideal
That B18b1 you have in there right now,can be turned into a beast
heres what i would do
id do a automatic/to manual swap
then look into buliding yourself a turbo(cheaper)
or just buy a turbo Kit(expensive)

a turbo would be:
cheaper
reliable
yelid way! way! more horsepower (with a good tune)

Last edited by hitman619; 08-18-2007 at 12:11 PM.