Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Rust, Color, and Body Work

Old 07-30-2006, 02:32 AM
ForgottenSin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rust, Color, and Body Work

There is rust on a couple places of my car and I was wondering how much it might cost to get these area fixed.

Here is a picture of the rust next to the taillight and on the back windshield.

There is also a tiny bit on a scratch above the driver-side door. Something close to what is near the taillight.

I also was wondering what size rims would look good on my car. I have 15 on that came with the car but they just look too small. I am looking at getting some Motegi FF7s.

And with the purchase of these rims and the body work on the car, what color should they be? I was considering repainting the car something less bland or maybe a metalic white if nothing else. And lets say I did a metalic white should I go with some silver rims that could translate onto another car or any color or some glossy black rims? This in end also determines the color of my tailight housing and so on and so forth.

I know this is scatter brained I am just surveying what I am assuming is an expensive future.

Thanks

Here is my ride:

Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

well im geeting my car re-painted EBP sometime this week, i dont have any rust but did ask them to shave off my badges for me, and they gave me an estiamte of $400-500. so maybe in that range or a lil more..
Old 07-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Gearhead7

Originally Posted by DaGip
well im geeting my car re-painted EBP sometime this week, i dont have any rust but did ask them to shave off my badges for me, and they gave me an estiamte of $400-500. so maybe in that range or a lil more..
Are you serious? Only 4 to 500 on a complete paint job? Is that a Macco job? I've been around and with very minor body work i've been quote almost 2k.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

400-500 is way to cheap for a getting the whole car painted. i hope you know the quality of work they do. i had to pay close to 2k aswell to get a DC2 painted.
and 400to 500 is a bit too much just to shave + bondo etc.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:14 AM
a_integra_87
Traction, WTF is that?

unless you have a hook up a 400-500 job with body work will not last long. I prepped my entire car, did all the body work, stripped it and brought it to the painters to just get sprayed black so it was all one color. That paint alone was 300.

Got a estimate to get the same car repainted before and the esitmates were 2000-3000 with no body work (no welding, no bondo...just sanding, prep, etc)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 AM
DaGip
4N2Ner

yes it is 4-500, these guys just opened the shop 3 months ago, ive seen there work and its amazing, nothing cheap about them, ive told them, EBP 1 coat, 2clear coats, debadge them, and they said somewhere around $4-500, my uncle got his bemmer repainted black and it looks like it came off the factory, these guys always have a full lot outside since they oppened.. and dam $2000 for paint job never heard of that high of an price...
Old 08-02-2006, 06:16 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by DaGip
$2000 for paint job never heard of that high of an price...
I don't think you've ever had a real paint job :dunno:
I'd like to see the long term effects of this $500 full paint job....
God knows I know a lot more bodyshop making $500 on just repainting fenders, bumpers, etc....but an all out paint job? Sounds shady...
Old 08-02-2006, 01:55 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

no its not shady man, my uncle always brings them costumers, he just says its his car, and they do it for him way cheaper than other people, sorry i dint mettion that part, i never did get a paint job before, so sorry if i sound suprised on the 2k.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:14 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Since we're talking about generic body prep and painting, this thread is getting moved.

To App/Cos: Showroom we go...

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-02-2006, 07:13 PM
AcuraFanatic

It's gonna be a shit job for that price unless they enjoy getting raped on labor.