Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Angel Eyes & Super Blue

Old 11-30-2005, 09:05 AM
Wow Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angel Eyes & Super Blue

I'm planning to get some Black Halo Projector Angel Eyes lights from this URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/92-93-94-95-CIVI...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just wondering if this is an easy DIY job or will it require any rewiring/electrical work? Also, will I be able to run these Angel eyes from my stock Honda headlight bulbs or will there be additional products I will have to purchase?

My next question is regarding the blue headlights I often see in luxury cars like the Lexus and BMW. I know they are Xenon headlights but will I be able to get blue xenon headlights like those found in the luxury cars in my Honda Civic without rewiring because I believe these blue xenon bulbs require more juice? Thanks!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:42 PM
Jeezer

those bmw lights are called HID's high intesity discharge. they use their own power source and bulbs.

if you want a cheap imitation just look on ebay. however, most blow easily and give shitty light. but some look cool though. people like sylvania silverstars cuz they are bright white. dont get cool blue they are yellow. right now im running plasmaglow blue which is really kinda white

for those angel eyes i didnt click the link but they are pretty much bolt on
Old 12-01-2005, 08:25 PM
PunkAssKidThe1s
Team Babu

From that headlight... no, you won't get HID. Infact, you'll loose lighting on those projectors, as they're crap, and the bulbs backing them are H3 - aka foglight bulbs. The angel eyes are known for going out in 1-2 months on average, and leaking is also a problem with these ebay projector headlights.

My suggestion: Save your money and do a retrofit. Best place for a quality retrofitting job balanced by good prices is www.customlightz.com

Retrofitting your headlights is essentially this: slapping in xenon projectors from said car - TSX, TL, 3-series, etc - into your headlights, putting the stock ballast (which basically makes it HID) and the HID bulbs that fit into your headlight. It's a bit more in depth then that, but that's basically what you're talking about.

Through customlightz.com, you'd pay $550 for the following:
2 TSX projectors installed into your headlights with custom shrouds (the piece that goes around the outside of the projector to make it look better) and color mod. Keep in mind that if you go to ebay, you'd be paying $300 on average just for the TSX projectors. Here, they sell for $220. They make their money on the labor - $150 for install.

If you want angel eyes, they also do that, among other things. You'll still need to get a ballast + 2 bulbs, however you can get that at www.hidplanet.com They sometimes have it for sale at customlightz.com, but not always.

I'm saving up my money to have them do a retrofit on my Accord. www.hidplanet.com for more info on retrofit. www.customlightz.com for a great retrofit company that has many in the hidplanet.com supporting them.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:08 AM
Wow Civic

So if I purchase these ebay lights I can expect them to last 1-2 months? wow... that really sucks. I really liked the way they looked and I going to get them today (along with the black housing tail lights) but if they leak and only last 1-2 months forget it. Maybe I could seal them again when they get here?? I didn't expect to put $500 into lights because I'm poor so even buying these lights off ebay seemed steep for me.

Punk, if I do buy the products to retrofit my car who can I expect to install them? Because from the explanation you gave me it sounds like there's a little more than a DIY job. Thanks for letting me know about those lights - I hate buying crappy products
Old 12-02-2005, 10:56 PM
PunkAssKidThe1s
Team Babu

Well, you can try... but remember, you're basically using fog lights as your headlights... not good at all, as you won't get much light. I agree, they look nice, but at what cost are you willing to let looks be the determining factor. The angel eyes/halo's wont last. How long the other lights lasts... sometimes they last an extremely long time, other times I've heard of them lasting only a few months. The bulbs that is. Plus, leaking is an issue.

I'd highly suggest saving up that $$ and, if you want to upgrade the headlights, do a retrofit job when you get $500-$600. It'll look great, it'll light up the road, and it will last a long time.

You can DIY, but if you're like me, I'd be worried I'd break somethin before getting it in, or doing something wrong.

Install the actual headlights into the car is DIY no problem (remove bumper and grill... take headlight out, put new one in, put grill and bumper back in...) The retrofit job is the harder part.

Yes, I know how the $$ issue is... I'm currently saving up enough $$ to do a retrofit from these guys too. But trust me... if you do this in the end, you'll be SO much happier than doing an ebay projector. Hey, who else in your area has TSX projectors and custom shrouds... TRUE HID (not the blue bulbs or crappy HID kits - which, I might add, cost just as much or more than this retro job)

$550 includes projectors, custom shrouds, color mod (improves color and brightness) and labor - the only other cost is shipping and handling, the ballast, and the bulbs, which you might be able to get as a package through them. Installing the headlights is no problem. Expect, say, 1-2 hrs if you've never removed bumper and grill and headlight before... $780 includes ballasts and bulbs. The ballast essentially changes it to HID - without the ballast, no HID, which, if you're gonna go for a nice retrofit job, you would definately want. You can also price out ballasts at ebaymotors.com or hidplanet.com

TSX are among the best projectors you can get. There are others that are more expensive, but that's solely because (a) they're bixenon (highbeam and lowbeam, not just lowbeam) or (b) because they're in higher demand and considered "better", but those ones are basically not worth the $200+ premium over TSX. TSX projectors are actually better than that seen on Audi, BMW, and most other brands - they're brighter and more colorful, while also having a compact size.

www.customlightz.com
Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 PM
-Bionic-

Hello there.

My name is Bjorn and I'm one of the two at customlightz.

It's understandable why people get HID kits for $300 and call it a day, but if you really want to enjoy HIDs the way they were meant to be experienced there is only way: HID projectors.

Now for those who are curious, the price range for a retrofit varies a lot, and it mainly depends on the projector. You could get all the parts you need for about $350. This would include E46 projectors [the one in BMW and Benz] with bulbs and ballasts. You could also spend as much as $400+ for a pair of S2000 projectors.

I'm new to this forum, but I"ll try to come back and answer questions.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Wow Civic

I just saw a BMW M3 with headlights that were easily comparable to a purple color... They were the most awesome lights I've ever seen. I think these were 10000k temp lights. Is 10000k achievable in HID projector kits?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:37 PM
kidd_honda

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...ght=projectors

JDMlyfestyle is your friend....he does magic with retrofits!!!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:25 PM
-Bionic-

Originally Posted by Wow Civic
I just saw a BMW M3 with headlights that were easily comparable to a purple color... They were the most awesome lights I've ever seen. I think these were 10000k temp lights. Is 10000k achievable in HID projector kits?
The color depends on the bulbs. There are bulbs that go up to 25000K.
I wouldn;t recommend anything above 5000K, because more blue/purple means less light output. We have a few videos and pictures on the webpage comparing 4300K vs, 12000K.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
JDM ACCORD

Originally Posted by Wow Civic
I'm planning to get some Black Halo Projector Angel Eyes lights from this URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/92-93-94-95-CIVI...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm just wondering if this is an easy DIY job or will it require any rewiring/electrical work? Also, will I be able to run these Angel eyes from my stock Honda headlight bulbs or will there be additional products I will have to purchase?

My next question is regarding the blue headlights I often see in luxury cars like the Lexus and BMW. I know they are Xenon headlights but will I be able to get blue xenon headlights like those found in the luxury cars in my Honda Civic without rewiring because I believe these blue xenon bulbs require more juice? Thanks!
I bought some of those headlights for my accord and so far I've been with them for a time of 9 months and they have not given me a problem, they actually use H1 bulbs since I changed mine from white to purple, If you really like them you should buy them, the stock bulb they come with really sucks but as long as you change to a different bulb like I did, its not going to be a problem...I bought mine for $130 shipped..