Notices

engine light

Old 07-23-2005, 12:08 AM
DeadZero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine light

ok i was drivin home from work and i noticed my engine light was on. I checked the oil and it was fine. what else should i check to see what the problem might be
Old 07-23-2005, 09:02 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Is your gas cap properly twisted on. I know someone who a loose one and it cause the check engine light to come on- at least that was the diagnosis from a mechanic.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:15 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the code read at autozone or any other parts place

It's probably from all of your attempted burnouts with the "posi"
Old 07-23-2005, 10:48 AM
DeadZero

it was the gas cap, it wasnt screw'd on tightly. i think it loosened itself while i was driving cuz i remember tightening it really tight and my friend also checked it also when i left the gas station. And im not tryin to do burnouts. i dont wanna ruin my clutch and the tires.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:49 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by DeadZero
it was the gas cap, it wasnt screw'd on tightly. i think it loosened itself while i was driving cuz i remember tightening it really tight and my friend also checked it also when i left the gas station. And im not tryin to do burnouts. i dont wanna ruin my clutch and the tires.
You have to tighten it until it clicks at least 3 times. It can't loosen itself while driving.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:37 PM
DiAbLo3785
Working on project CRX Si

you might wanna go ahead and learn how to read cel codes yourself incase anything like this happens again and you dont know what it is
Old 07-23-2005, 09:30 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

Originally Posted by evolution
Is your gas cap properly twisted on. I know someone who a loose one and it cause the check engine light to come on- at least that was the diagnosis from a mechanic.
Told ya so.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:24 PM
DeadZero

OK the light didnt go off so thers somthin still wrong with the car, i checked the oil it was clean and full, i checked radiator fluid and that was fine and i checked the coolent and that was fine also and the damn light still is on. im takin it in to have it checked out on monday
Old 07-24-2005, 08:31 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

OK the light didnt go off so thers somthin still wrong with the car, i checked the oil it was clean and full, i checked radiator fluid and that was fine and i checked the coolent and that was fine also and the damn light still is on. im takin it in to have it checked out on monday
It's going to take a couple of gas tank fill ups for the light to come off. I think that's in the owner's manual.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
DeadZero

ya in the manual it says that it will take a few trips till the light turns off. but i drove it about 4 times yesterday (short trips) so it can turn off, and i have been opening and closeing the gas lid many times just to see if that would help me but the lights is still on.