Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   S2000 (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s2000-14/)
-   -   engine light (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s2000/197909-engine-light.html)

DeadZero 07-23-2005 12:08 AM

engine light

ok i was drivin home from work and i noticed my engine light was on. I checked the oil and it was fine. what else should i check to see what the problem might be

evolution 07-23-2005 09:02 AM

Is your gas cap properly twisted on. I know someone who a loose one and it cause the check engine light to come on- at least that was the diagnosis from a mechanic.

98CoupeV6 07-23-2005 10:15 AM

get the code read at autozone or any other parts place

It's probably from all of your attempted burnouts with the "posi"

DeadZero 07-23-2005 10:48 AM

it was the gas cap, it wasnt screw'd on tightly. i think it loosened itself while i was driving cuz i remember tightening it really tight and my friend also checked it also when i left the gas station. And im not tryin to do burnouts. i dont wanna ruin my clutch and the tires.

98CoupeV6 07-23-2005 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by DeadZero
it was the gas cap, it wasnt screw'd on tightly. i think it loosened itself while i was driving cuz i remember tightening it really tight and my friend also checked it also when i left the gas station. And im not tryin to do burnouts. i dont wanna ruin my clutch and the tires.

You have to tighten it until it clicks at least 3 times. It can't loosen itself while driving.

DiAbLo3785 07-23-2005 06:37 PM

you might wanna go ahead and learn how to read cel codes yourself incase anything like this happens again and you dont know what it is

evolution 07-23-2005 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by evolution
Is your gas cap properly twisted on. I know someone who a loose one and it cause the check engine light to come on- at least that was the diagnosis from a mechanic.

Told ya so. ;) :D

DeadZero 07-23-2005 11:24 PM

OK the light didnt go off so thers somthin still wrong with the car, i checked the oil it was clean and full, i checked radiator fluid and that was fine and i checked the coolent and that was fine also and the damn light still is on. im takin it in to have it checked out on monday

98CoupeV6 07-24-2005 08:31 AM

OK the light didnt go off so thers somthin still wrong with the car, i checked the oil it was clean and full, i checked radiator fluid and that was fine and i checked the coolent and that was fine also and the damn light still is on. im takin it in to have it checked out on monday

It's going to take a couple of gas tank fill ups for the light to come off. I think that's in the owner's manual.

DeadZero 07-24-2005 12:20 PM

ya in the manual it says that it will take a few trips till the light turns off. but i drove it about 4 times yesterday (short trips) so it can turn off, and i have been opening and closeing the gas lid many times just to see if that would help me but the lights is still on.