Notices

AEM CAI worth it?

Old 09-06-2003, 07:38 AM
TylerDurden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM CAI worth it?

:eekno: Is the AEM CAI worth it for the Type-S? And what are some other quick mods I can get that I can rip off real quick if I need to take it in and don't wanna void the warranty... Im new to this forum...obviously
Old 09-07-2003, 10:28 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the AEM cai has been dyno tested in an intake shootout to produce the most HP. if you wanted to keep your factory warranty in place, Comptech parts do not void a thing ... just as long as the dealer installs them. (btw ... don't get the comptech exhaust ... headers and ice box :thumbup: ... exhaust :down: )
Old 09-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

I've heard really good things about the AEM. I decided to go with the injen only because I hated when it became time to clean my air filter on the cai.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 09-08-2003, 06:29 PM
96GreenCivic

Hey
how do you like your RSX? How is it on gas? My gf is looking to get one and she wants something good on gas since she has a 40 mile each way commute daily.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:33 PM
Pooya

Well the AEM V2 is out for the RSX-S....thats also another possibility. I haven't heard much about how people like it but I was hoping for those of you who have it can elaborate on it.

Its suppose to be an easier install, better overall performance, twice the sound resonation etc.. You can go to their website and check it out www.aempower.com
Old 09-18-2003, 08:02 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Originally posted by Pooya
Well the AEM V2 is out for the RSX-S....thats also another possibility. I haven't heard much about how people like it but I was hoping for those of you who have it can elaborate on it.

Its suppose to be an easier install, better overall performance, twice the sound resonation etc.. You can go to their website and check it out www.aempower.com
:down:

it's great that AEM created the V2 ... the dyno sheets do prove that the V2 produces more hp than the original ... but do a search on the V2's price, the extra 2 hp isn't worth the additional $150+ dollars on top of the V1's cost.

$400+ for an intake is :loco:
Old 09-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Pooya

400?!??! I dont know where you saw that. Even on AEM'S

website they have it for $356.25. Actually 356 on thier website

is still high but you can get it for $269 on the link below. Just

scroll all the way down the page and you'll see it. I can actually

get it from my local dealer for that much.

http://www.i-m-racing.com/rsx.html
Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 AM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

the AEM CAI is BOMB. I love it sooo much, and the only way it voids warranty is if it did somethin to cause a defect that the car would otherwise not do. Dont trip had mine for almost a year and no problems and no statci from my dealer. :thumbup:
Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 AM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

btw u can get it for 189.99 here www.rsxmotorsports.com they have dropped in price since that POS pointless V2 came out
Old 09-27-2003, 11:36 AM
ducky

the v2 is only a short ram intake

the aem cai produces the most noise, with the injen cai right behind it...

i've heard just about every type of intake for the rsx already.... injen sri, injen car, aem sri, aem v2, aem cai.......

as for the dyno numbers.... the shoot-out was done before the injen cai was available so its debatable......

as for installation, the injen cai is alot easier to install then the aem cai.... as for the v2, its a short ram... even i can install one of those lol