Notices

Acura RSX-Type S horsepower rating?

Old 01-08-2003, 05:28 PM
SVTFocus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to the original topic: How come the Acura RSX Type-S only dyno's 167 peak horsepower at the wheels? My SVT Focus dyno's about 150 peak hp at the wheels, so the RSX is only 16 more horsepower than my SVT? Hmm....I was expecting 180hp at the wheels on a 200hp rated engine. What do you guys think?

http://www.aempower.com/dyno.htm
Old 01-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Enrique Jackson

Yep, honda needs to get theyer ass in gear!.......theye'r taking one step foward and two steps back , it seems !..the way theyer making these car nowadays .......they keep it up Toyota or Nissan will be getting my hard earned dockets in the future!
Old 01-08-2003, 06:11 PM
SVTFocus

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
Yes, I have absolutely no racing experience. I've only raced my car at Watkins Glen 15+ times and am majoring in Automotive Engineering.

Good for you and your future plans!

The K20C has far more torque in all RPM ranges and is faster than the B18C3. I don't understand how being "race proven" has anything to do with which is a better engine. Where are these quotes by Mr. Jackson? Where are the dynos at the crank that proves his point? Do you have any real facts, or are you just going to continue to pull things out of your ass?

The 1.8 is race proven engine HELLO!!!!!!!!!! I told you I spoke with Oscar Jackson PERSONALLY, obviously no quotes! He basically said he was dissappointed in the RSX Type S dyno results they pulled in and when they engineered their supercharger for the car they said the motor was crap. I believe him over you anyday!

I have something funny for you: There is no 200HP Honda Integra in Japan. There's a 160HP Integra iS and a 220HP Integra Type-R. You, sir, are a moron. And I guess Jackson is too if he claims there is a 200HP Integra in Japan.

He said the 220hp Type R really does dyno in at 220hp at the crank, the US version of the RSX Type S does not dyno at the advertised 200hp at crank.

And no, I call you stupid because you're wasting your time and you're talking out of your ass.
Your the one who has no idea what your talking about idiot, stop reading magazines and go out into the real world, obviously you've never seen a fully built 1.8 B18 in action. This engine is what all others should be based on. The new I-TEC engines suck, ask any real automotive engineer you ****ing putz.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:22 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SVTfcs
Your 1.8 L engine is a nice piece of engineering. It's just too bad that's all your cars have going for them.

Spoken like a true mindless Ford owner
Old 01-08-2003, 06:23 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

I don't think any of you need to answer SVT Focus' questions, if you know what I mean
Old 01-08-2003, 06:32 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by SVTFocus
Back to the original topic: How come the Acura RSX Type-S only dyno's 167 peak horsepower at the wheels? My SVT Focus dyno's about 150 peak hp at the wheels, so the RSX is only 16 more horsepower than my SVT? Hmm....I was expecting 180hp at the wheels on a 200hp rated engine. What do you guys think?

http://www.aempower.com/dyno.htm
I don't think you understand how dyno's work. All dyno's are different. On one day on one dyno, an RSX-S might put down 160WHP, and the next day on a different dyno it might put down 180WHP. Most RSX-S's put down 170-175WHP, a 12-15% drivetrain loss, which is on par with other cars.

And yes, the i-VTEC engines suck. I'm not wasting my time ripping that apart

Calling me a ****ing putz and insulting me personally has gotten you nowhere
Old 01-09-2003, 03:51 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...highlight=Dyno

Theres your link you moron. These are real numbers from real people from "real-life" cars. And one thing you actually stated correctly: From 200hp engine - 180's after a loss to the wheels. You have been ****in' wned:
Old 01-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Shea-bird

once again...