Notices

Need Some Help - Decisions...

Old 01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Nihsnek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help - Decisions...

Hello,

I am fairly new to the Si world, yet I have been on ClubRSX for awhile. Anyways, I need some advice from some knowledgable people(aka: you guys).

So, my current price range is around $7,---ish...looking for less than that though. I'm looking for a reliable and decent beginner "tuner" car. I would like to advance my knowledge on cars, so I have began reading and I hope to learn more with an appropiate car.

I'm *thinking* something like a '99/00 Honda Civic Si(or older) would be acceptable. Also, I have my eye on the 7th Gen. Civic Si's(2002-'05), as they are very unique.

What do you guys think of the '02 Si's? I haven't seen many around, maybe 4 total. I like how it looks, but don't know what to think of the shifter location(lower dashboard)...it seems...different. Also, how is the tuner market/community for these models?

Anyways, here's a couple of other cars I've had my eye on, any recommendations or advice would be appreciated,

-'97-'01 Prelude(most likely a manual model, heard autos have had many problems)
-Acura RSX
-'94-'01 Acura Integra
-Nissan 240sx('91-'98)
-'98+ Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
-'02-'05 Mitsubishi Eclipse
-1995-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse
-2000-2006 Toyota Celica(or an older model)

I'm sure i'm missing tons of cars, but this is off the top of my head.

Also: Sorry if I come across as a "noob" to some of you guys about cars, i'm just getting into them and trying to learn/search before I ask.

-Thanks in advance for any replies

-Nihsnek
Old 01-31-2007, 12:50 PM
2gr84u
2gr84u

Your gonna be hard pressed finding a decent RSX for under 10k
I hate the ep3s, they look ugly, but thats just my opinion. They are not quick, and the motor in them is the same thing they put into the base model RSX.
Alot of your potential cars are gonna end up being outside of your price range unless they have rediculous miles or are falling apart. The integra, prelude, and 240 all seem to be the most realistic of your choices, and the 99,00 SI would be good. You should look for the one with the lowest miles thats within your budget
Old 01-31-2007, 11:04 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

well if you want a great platform the 92-95 civics would be my choice. really good car to start off with. my friend bryant was cluless about hondas untill he bought my uncles 95 civic. he loves the car and ive gotten a chance to drive it, and i must say it feels really nice. ive had numerous problems with my ITR but he has more miles on his civic and yet never had a problem so far, and he runs it like crazy. hes next step is a B16 swap which will give him an nice push in HP, so look into it man. other than that i would go with the 94+ integra.