Notices

What Should I Buy...Civic Si-R OR RSX

Old 04-14-2004, 01:06 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9600baud
No Type-S huh? whats a non-premium RSX?? hehe, my vouch for DC5, no mini-odyssey for me!
LOL... According to Mr Spoon, they're both van chassis compared to the TSX, but whatcha gonna do?
Old 04-16-2004, 08:52 PM
aZnjCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggdoggaroni
come on now, the si has a stick in the dash!!!!

i love mine...

the side impact air bags aren't standard and cost and additional $3000. so take those out and, the civic weighs less. plus it's an si. everyone and their grandma drives an rsx.

what the hell.....3k? try $250 fool. where did you get 3g's from??
Old 04-23-2004, 02:16 PM
bnpwalter
BNPWALTERsi

Default Im Trying To Sell My Si

Whats Up Man I Have A Black 02 Si For Sale...
Old 05-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Toyhunda

Originally Posted by str8edgexx
Civic Si (w/ side airbags) = 2744 lbs
RSX (side airbags standard) = 2694 lbs

Plus, another thing to consider....Warrantys:

Civic Si = 36 months/36,000 miles
RSX= 48 months/50,000 miles
The only reason milage warantee milage is low is cuz 71% of these si models tend to be tuner cars so honda said f it why have a high warrantee if people will void it when the tune it.

O yeac why are you worrying about the warantee? If you so much as put an aftermarket intake ur warantee is void. That goes for all cars...
Old 05-03-2004, 07:11 AM
binarystatic
what's that noise?

Originally Posted by Toyhunda
The only reason milage warantee milage is low is cuz 71% of these si models tend to be tuner cars so honda said f it why have a high warrantee if people will void it when the tune it.

O yeac why are you worrying about the warantee? If you so much as put an aftermarket intake ur warantee is void. That goes for all cars...
Umm, no... in that case only the warrantee on your oem intake would be void. Everything else would still be covered unless they can show the aftermarket part caused the problem...
Old 06-01-2004, 03:19 PM
El Mocha King

I bought an EP3 about a month ago and I love it. It is a blast to drive, the shifter is fun and funky, the seats are the shit, and the cup holder next to the stearing wheel...perfect placement. Plus, at least where I live, the only other Si that I see belongs to my brother...lol :chuckles: So I would say go with the Civic Si your other choise is the base RSX. Now if you were wanting to get a Type-S, then it would be a totally different story. Good luck with your decession, either way you're going to have a sweet ass ride!
Old 06-01-2004, 05:25 PM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toyhunda
The only reason milage warantee milage is low is cuz 71% of these si models tend to be tuner cars...
It's really, honestly 100% a marketing ploy.

Acura simply costs more and has a longer warranty, and the dealers tend to supply (generally) more deluxe services and even accommodations.

It's just a part of being deluxe.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:56 AM
3kgtslflip

Hey,

I got an Si-R in the Philippines, just got it recently, its a nice car. I like how the shifter feels better compared to the rsx type-s, the gears are too close for my taste. Don't know if it is the same for the base rsx. The si-r is nimble, and a good city car. Its not bad, having the ability to mod the hell out of it, and the fact your gas mileage is good. It does not have the power my 3000 has, even though I only have an N/A. The civic pretty roomy though. I would go with the si-r. Good luck.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Seattlecivic

Originally Posted by KenDawg13
I have a '02 RSX Type-S. I was choosing between The Civic Si and the RSX-S and after drving them both around for a while I went with the RSX-S. Much better power, like the ride and I fell in love with it. Get the RSX.

I was the complete opposite... after driving the Type-S and the EP3 Si, I went with the Si. I fell in love and I am STILL in love with it :-) She's my baby!
Old 06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
cohland

Default Same decision

I went through the same thought process and bought the RSX-S. Here's why;

1. There isn't much difference in list price, and the Acura published invoice is $2,000 below list, meaning that the Acura dealers can deal if they want to. The question there is which dealer has the particular car in stock, and speaking for my situation, I counted about a dozen RSX-S in town, and I didn't see ANY Civic Si cars on the lots. That doesn't mean that they aren't there, just that they weren't out to be seen.

2. Acura Warranty is better.

3. 200bhp vs. 160bhp. Stock. That's 25% difference, folks.

4. The Acura looks like it was styled after the Ferrari 360 Milano. Check out Ferrari.it if you don't believe me. The Honda looks like it was styled after, well, a little Honda econobox. Admittedly, a very fast econobox. But looks count, at least to me.

5. With the RSX-S you get a decent stereo and a very nice leather interior.

6. If you're going to get a new car, and it's going to be under warranty, I'd think you would want the dealer to service it for a while. Dealing with Acura after the sale is just down right pleasant. Can't say the same for Honda in every case, and I have owned no less than four Hondas (two Accords, two Civics).

There it is, it all added up to "buy the Acura RSX Type S" to me.

Either way, you're going to end up a winner!

Quick Reply: What Should I Buy...Civic Si-R OR RSX