Notices

ZEX help

Old 09-22-2003, 08:14 AM
ludesi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZEX help

I just got a used 75 shot zex kit, I believe it's dry kit. and my 92 Si motor currently have 147K on it. I really need some advices on how can I run it safe (without breaking anything), and how I can convert to wet kit? thanks in advance for help!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:56 PM
jackasssi
Allstar

75 shot is not safe, wet system is not safe if you dont know what your doing. Dont abuse or over-use it and you should have no problems.

Try some Nitrous Oxide books from www.summitracing.com before you go making a mess of your engine.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:27 PM
importsyn

I had the Zex kit with a 75 shot in my H23 for 3 years with NO problems.If you convert it to wet then I'd be a little more worried about yur mods and build-up so far.I believe that NXpress makes a conversion but I don't know the cost.Zex has just come out with their own wet system so maybe you convert using that.The Zex is total "plug n play",you'll have no worries because it's self regulating.I would definetely invest in a bottle mounted nitrous pressure gauge,a bottle heater and a purge kit to make your nitrous experience as enjoyable as possible(plus the nitrous gauge on the bottle prevents you from getting ripped off at refill time).If you convert to wet you might want to add injectors,some sort of fuel controller and an air/fuel ratio gauge to start.Hope this helps,you'll be fine with the Zex and make sure you research nitrous as well so you become a responsible user.:thumbup:
Old 09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
boostlee

i had a 75 shot on my h23 also. i upgraded the fuel pump and used the zex spark plugs. it ran great. make sure the nitrous nozzle is at least 12" from the thrrotle body, i had mine as far as i could put it for better distribution of nitrous before it reachs the engine. make sure timing is 0 for 55shot, -2 for 65shot and -4 for 75shot
Old 09-25-2003, 03:09 PM
PretecSH

Originally posted by boostlee
i had a 75 shot on my h23 also. i upgraded the fuel pump and used the zex spark plugs. it ran great. make sure the nitrous nozzle is at least 12" from the thrrotle body, i had mine as far as i could put it for better distribution of nitrous before it reachs the engine. make sure timing is 0 for 55shot, -2 for 65shot and -4 for 75shot
:werd: