Notices

h22a pisten help

Old 07-24-2003, 10:35 PM
stevieteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22a pisten help

ok im planing on doing the rings on my h22a. there is 130k on them now and it needs to be done. the question i have is, is the block sleeved out of the factory and if so do i need to clean them up a little first before i put the pistons in. and also is there any one out there that would have any sugestions on what rings i should go with. thanks for your input!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:06 PM
drift
Flaccid Member

any rings except total seal.

you have to rehone the sleeves for any ring job.

FRM requires a non-ferrous metals GC-600-J honing cloth, 45-50rpm, 60 degree crosshatch, no more than 25 turns.

if you do not follow the instructions for honing to a "t", you'll destroy the FRM liner to the point that it has to be replaced as it will score it and the rings will never seat and will result in severe oil loss.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:50 PM
Speedra600

Default Re: h22a pisten help

Originally posted by stevieteg
ok im planing on doing the rings on my h22a. there is 130k on them now and it needs to be done. the question i have is, is the block sleeved out of the factory and if so do i need to clean them up a little first before i put the pistons in. and also is there any one out there that would have any sugestions on what rings i should go with. thanks for your input!
original honda rings all the way...check for any wear on the cylinder walls, they should be no lines or markings on them, just take them somewhere to get honed, its not too expensive, here is $10 a cylinder