Notices

Need help with all motor setup

Old 11-01-2002, 06:32 PM
MARLIM4LUDE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with all motor setup

A reputable Irvine speed shop advised me this setup on my 2000 base Prelude. They are claiming 200 whp with this particular setup. I would like to know if anybody here have tried this or familiar on how much whp can be gained from it. Thanks.

Prelude Type S Cam IN/EX
Optimizer - Polish
Command Flo
Big Bore T-body
VAFC
MSD wires

Roughly $2600.00 installed and dyno'ed

I already have a DC 4-2-1 headers, AEM CAI, and Apexi Dunk catback exhaust. I would appreciate your input on this. Also, I would like to know any recommendation as far as getting the most out of my Prelude without breaking the bank too much. Please list the upgrades you recommend and reputable places that is fully capable of doing the job right. Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2002, 12:47 PM
THATPRELUDEGUY
I suck!

I personally dont' see it. I've seen many people try to hit 200whp NA and few make it. Type S came are only slightly better then stock, and the larger TB could only make a few hp as well. A port and polish with the VAFC tuning will make some power and together better then stock for sure. However I'm guessing closer to 190 then 200.
Old 11-02-2002, 08:53 PM
MARLIM4LUDE

So, would you rather recommend a turbo setup with a conservative 6psi setup than this? Thanks.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:42 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

I'm not sure if they make a supercharger for the Preludes, but I would consider that and running it at about 6-8psi. Or just get a small turbo that is almost always spooling which will work almost as good.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:04 AM
MARLIM4LUDE

Jackson Racing makes a supercharger for the 5th gen but it is too pricey. I am already looking at the Greddy kit which will run me about $2800.00. Thanks guys
Old 11-05-2002, 07:28 PM
k.a.y

There are alot of all motor stuff you can do that you didn't mention that would easily get you to 200. First off, do you have an H22 or H23? If you have an H22, you can safely bore it out to a 2.4, if it's an H23, you can safely bore it out to a 2.5. From there, get high compression forged pistons like Arias, or JE. Then go with a set of lightweight forged rods, like Crowers. Ditch the Type-S cams in favor of some high-profile cams by...well, Crower, also. Then go for some stainless valvesprings and titaniut spring retainers. high flow injectors/fuel rail will do you well, along with a completely upgraded ignition system. Yup that should do it. also, if you have an H22, which is Vtec, go for an Apexi V-AFC. This will allow Vtec to kick in sooner and really take advantage of your new cams.