Notices

Prelude or ITR

Old 10-22-2002, 03:58 AM
Cruisinteg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude or ITR

If you had the chance to trade your prelude for an Integra type r, would you do it?
Old 10-22-2002, 09:54 AM
Two-Five Boy

No, I prefer comfort over balls-out performance.

Let me elaborate:

I was contemplating between the Lude and ITR back in 2000. I chose the Lude ultimately for several reasons:

EBP- sort of makes it stand out among other cars on the road. Plus I didn't like the colors of the ITR being offered at the time. If CW was still available, I would've thought about it a bit more.

amenities/comfort- it was the top of the line sports coupe in the Honda food-chain(cept for NSX). I really didn't want a car w/o a sunroof and all the other features. I'd sacrifice a lil performance anyday.

Theft- I dunno where u are, but theft is OBVIOUSLY a big problem in NY. If I was out in the suburbs where imports weren't popular, it might have swayed my decision.

B18c vs. H22A- IMHO displacement is more important. Being able to drive under 5k rpm on a daily-basis is VERY comforting.

My $0.02
Old 10-22-2002, 11:07 AM
preylude99

but i have heard all these things about the b18c5 being MUCH more reliable than the h22...... if they are both kept fairly stock, and both taken care of the same and driven relatively easy, do you think they will last as long as each other or which one has the edge?
Old 10-22-2002, 11:17 AM
Two-Five Boy

Originally posted by preylude99
but i have heard all these things about the b18c5 being MUCH more reliable than the h22...... if they are both kept fairly stock, and both taken care of the same and driven relatively easy, do you think they will last as long as each other or which one has the edge?
That's purely subjective. Both engines are Hondas so there's no way to say which is better. In terms of technology I would say the B18C(type-R) is more advanced since it generates higher hp/liter and also has a higher redline. But the H22 is definitely no slouch itself. I know a few ppl who's put over 150+k on their engines and its still running fine.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:45 PM
RavenLude

IMO ludes look better and in my area less common, not of TypeR's but integras in general.
Prelude is more comfortable and has a bigger cabin.
I would never trade my lude in for a type R.
However, maybe a G35 coupe or the new 6 speed Accord.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:54 PM
ur31337
Colby

Originally posted by Two-Five Boy
B18c vs. H22A- IMHO displacement is more important. Being able to drive under 5k rpm on a daily-basis is VERY comforting.
I spend most of my time in 5th gear. My RPMs are usually 2-3K, around town or back roads. No problems at all.

The ITRs gearing as compared to my LS makes it VERY drivable at low RPMs. Even if it's missing the .4 that the H22 has.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:04 PM
jetydosa
Friends w/ Fred & Lamont

I traded by 98 Prelude for a 2001 R, I dont regret it, not even for a second. I think if you have to debate the issue with yourself, you dont want an ITR.

As for the other issues, I am sure they are basically equally reliable. Both are great engines.
Theft is definitely a concern for R owners, as is vandalism. Also, it seems to make other drivers act like morons, revving at you all the time! It gets so old having people want to race you/show off all the time. I never had a single person do that to me in my Lude!
Old 10-22-2002, 06:13 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

It's all about what YOU want: loud, hard, ball cracking performance, or smooth, refined, fun to drive all day performance. If you are using the car everyday, trust me when I tell you, the ITR will get old after a while. I'm sure you don't feel fatigue after driving your Prelude for six hours straight (I've done it, and no I didn't). Plus, with proper maintainance, the Prelude should last just as well as any ITR.
Old 10-22-2002, 06:56 PM
Revin_Devil

I didn't know there was a new 6 speed accord, I'll have to check it out.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:31 PM
THATPRELUDEGUY
I suck!

Originally posted by fastball
It's all about what YOU want: loud, hard, ball cracking performance, or smooth, refined, fun to drive all day performance. If you are using the car everyday, trust me when I tell you, the ITR will get old after a while. I'm sure you don't feel fatigue after driving your Prelude for six hours straight (I've done it, and no I didn't). Plus, with proper maintainance, the Prelude should last just as well as any ITR.
Hmm, my lude is no longer smooth or refined. I'd be willing to bet that a stock ITR would be a smoother, quiter, faster car. However I probably wouldnt have it because they get jacked all the time.