Notices

major problem plz help

Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
slick-prelude48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default major problem plz help

ok,

I have a 97 sh model prelude and just yesterday it started having a major acceleration problem. Basically I was cruising in 3rd gear at about 2,500 rpms. I went to accelerate and all of a sudden the car got unbelievably loud and didnt want to go. It just wouldnt build up any power what so ever! It does this in all gears and it only shows up under load. Like i said this just appeared out of nowhere, it drove great all day and then this just happened. If i leave it at idle and rev it up, it will go all the way to 5000 + rpms. But if i'm driving it, weather it be from a dead stop in 1st gear to basic driving in all other gears it wont build power over 3000 rpms, and I do mean no power at all. it wont even come close to hitting vtech. It struggles like none other trying to build up mid range rpm power. At 1000-2500 rpm the car seems to be running fine but not the way it did just b4 this happened. I don't understand why the engine, for lack of a better term starts "screaming" unbelievably loud at about 3000 rpms and beyond. The power is literally gone! I can have the pedal to the floor in 1st 2nd 3rd etc, and as soon as it reaches about 3000 the car gets 3 times as loud and wont accelerate worth anything. All the ignition components are new considering i just replaced them 3 weeks ago, all connections are good and there is no check engine light on. I've never encountered a problem like this b4, I'm hoping somebody on here knows where I should begin checking.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clutch