Notices

12:1 Commpression + Turbo????????

Old 09-05-2007, 11:01 AM
akord_king

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12:1 Commpression + Turbo????????

k i might buy a h22a with ported and polished head, crower stage 3 cams & high compression pistons running 12:1 compression ratio and call me crazy i know but how much boost can the h22a beable 2 handle under that high of compression? im thinking like max 5psi
Old 09-05-2007, 12:04 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't call you crazy, just stupid.

It would take a hell of a tune and probably a lot more than pump gas but it's possible to boost at high compression. At this point your guess would be as good as ours as to how much it can hold, we have no clue what work has been done. BUT I think that buying into this engine would be a total waste of money if you are going to end up screwing up the tune and blowing it anyway.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you need to have absolute faith in your tuner if you even want to try boosting with that kind of compression. one bad tank of gas or a really hot day and kaboom.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:06 PM
akord_king

k so if i were 2 put this setup into the block how much boost would u guys say it would handle on a stock h22a with this rods & pistons at 9:1 ratio

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...rt=ESP-5630H3D

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...E-H22220425I07

the pistons say that u dont need to sleeve the block with their rings
Old 09-10-2007, 09:20 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Seriously dude, we don't know.

There are hundreds of variables that come into play, including the condition of the engine, what kind of octane you have available, and who's tuning the engine.

If you're going to get bottom end work done you might as well sleeve the block and use quality parts instead of just looking for any brand name that says they'll work with the FRM sleeves.

I doubt you realize the technical expertise required to pull off even mild boost.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
satwilson

Default boost questions

I suggest you purchase the book "Howto Modify D,B,and H Series Honda Acura Engines" by Mike Kojima. It explains the relationship between compression ratios and and boost pressure and just about everything else you will need to know about these motors.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
akord_king

k new news
the engine head is port & polished with crower stage 3 cams
but the bottom end is completely stock so its running 10:1 compression

k so im not asking about my engine tho i just want to know what pistons, rod, & sleeve setups u guys have had done or reccomend for boosting at higher pressures
Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

boost the stock internals, those cams aren't going to help any.

boost THEN build. at least this way you know what you're doing before you mess up a brand new engine.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
akord_king

im gonna be runnin it without any boost or internal work 4 awhile until the winter is over
then im gonna yank the engine out sleeve it, rods, pistons and put the turbo in all at once
but i want 2 put 15 pounds or more into it
Old 10-08-2007, 09:06 AM
blown5thgen

Default boostin h22's

stock motors cant take much more than 10psi of boost. i just recently built my h22 with a crower stroker kit. comes with pistons forged aluminum, rods crank all billet steel any compression you want i got 9:1 for turboin my motor. also bought arp head and main studs to strengthen it all a lil more. also cant forget darton sleeves all depends on price. research what kinda power output you want. and start with the bottom end.