Notices

Need techie help!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Preludedude94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need techie help!

hey guys, i got a bit of a problem. Heres the story i've been driving an 94 prelude S with an h23a1 for the last year an a half, but then christmas morning my oil pan bolt dropped out and dumped my oil on the highway and threw a rod. so I decided to just go ahead and do an H22 swap. I bought an H22 from a company in japan. it's got 35k on it and is in good condition but when they took the engine out over there they cut the wiring harness.And the one from my h23 won't fit it and i need to know if anyone knows how to somehow make it work by direct wire saudering or something need advice,diagrams,and any help available
Old 01-24-2007, 08:20 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Just buy a new harness
Old 01-24-2007, 01:16 PM
mberndt

Originally Posted by Preludedude94
hey guys, i got a bit of a problem. Heres the story i've been driving an 94 prelude S with an h23a1 for the last year an a half, but then christmas morning my oil pan bolt dropped out and dumped my oil on the highway and threw a rod. so I decided to just go ahead and do an H22 swap. I bought an H22 from a company in japan. it's got 35k on it and is in good condition but when they took the engine out over there they cut the wiring harness.And the one from my h23 won't fit it and i need to know if anyone knows how to somehow make it work by direct wire saudering or something need advice,diagrams,and any help available
You can make it work with the old harness...

But, while it can be done, it is tedious and easy to make a mistake. So, best bet is to get a wire harness at the junkyard.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
bob01721

"... new harness..."
Which one should he get? If his H23 harness won't fit the H22 engine, would a harness for an H22 engine fit the existing connectors?

Seems like there might be more to it than another harness. Won't ANY harness require some modification?
Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 PM
mberndt

Originally Posted by bob01721
Which one should he get? If his H23 harness won't fit the H22 engine, would a harness for an H22 engine fit the existing connectors?

Seems like there might be more to it than another harness. Won't ANY harness require some modification?
That is a question he must answer himself by researching...
I don't know enough about the differences with the 4th gen Preludes to recommend exactly which harness he should get. Technically, the only difference between the VTEC and regular harnesses should be the VTEC wiring, everything else should be the same. And yes, some modification is needed. But it is not nearly as time consuming and tedious as having to connect every wire.
I guess the real question is what year motor did he get?

But considering my experience with swapping in a JDM motor, with the JDM plugs (they are exactly opposite of the US harnesses, meaning some wires will HAVE to be lenghtened in order to connect the plugs).

What he means by it "won't fit it" I'm not sure, as the plugs are determined by the year or generation the car was made. For example, most OBD0 B16 swaps come with the old style round plugs, while the newer OBD1 B16's come with the correct, rectangular plugs.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:24 PM
asheylarry

wierd that they cut the harness. usually that only happens when they are stolen. you have to get a new harness. jhpusa.com might have. inlinefour.com also.