View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 01:16 PM
mberndt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob01721
Which one should he get? If his H23 harness won't fit the H22 engine, would a harness for an H22 engine fit the existing connectors?

Seems like there might be more to it than another harness. Won't ANY harness require some modification?
That is a question he must answer himself by researching...
I don't know enough about the differences with the 4th gen Preludes to recommend exactly which harness he should get. Technically, the only difference between the VTEC and regular harnesses should be the VTEC wiring, everything else should be the same. And yes, some modification is needed. But it is not nearly as time consuming and tedious as having to connect every wire.
I guess the real question is what year motor did he get?

But considering my experience with swapping in a JDM motor, with the JDM plugs (they are exactly opposite of the US harnesses, meaning some wires will HAVE to be lenghtened in order to connect the plugs).

What he means by it "won't fit it" I'm not sure, as the plugs are determined by the year or generation the car was made. For example, most OBD0 B16 swaps come with the old style round plugs, while the newer OBD1 B16's come with the correct, rectangular plugs.