Notices

Prelude Dash Kits

Old 10-28-2006, 09:58 PM
SwiftStreetLude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prelude Dash Kits

Are these decals or replacement parts ? I saw a few sites where you can get wood, carbon fiber, etc... Theres also the OEM version that seems like its the same thing. I sent a honda dealership an email and got this reply...

-----Reply-----
Of the pieces in the kit, the two door trims and the part that goes on the dash around the radio and heater controls are replacement parts, the large piece that goes around the shift console is not just a decal, it is an actual trim piece, but it is held on by double sided adhesive tapes, so if the car has ever had any dash protectant like Armor All applied to it, that shift console piece may not stick.

Thanks,

--Bill

"...the large piece that goes around the shift console is not just a decal, it is an actual trim piece, but it is held on by double sided adhesive tapes..."

What does he mean here?? If its held on by double sided tape, isnt that a decal??
Old 10-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just clean you dash with rubbing alcohol it will stick fine and yes it a decal but a go fitting decal that is thick and made of plastic think of it like a face mask with double sided tape.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:11 PM
mberndt

Decals. I got the OEM carbon fiber trim. It was on the car when I bought it with 124k miles, so I don't know how it was applied, specifically.
Technically they are carbon fiber with double-sided tape on the back so they will stick to the plastic dash. U want pics?

But here's a tip... The big piece on the dash, on top of the radio cluster area, had come off, because of the intense heat on the dashboard. U might wanna skip this piece, it's up to you.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:24 PM
SwiftStreetLude

Originally Posted by mberndt
Decals. I got the OEM carbon fiber trim. It was on the car when I bought it with 124k miles, so I don't know how it was applied, specifically.
Technically they are carbon fiber with double-sided tape on the back so they will stick to the plastic dash. U want pics?

But here's a tip... The big piece on the dash, on top of the radio cluster area, had come off, because of the intense heat on the dashboard. U might wanna skip this piece, it's up to you.
Ya, can u upload some pics please?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:50 AM
mberndt

Will do, keep checking
Old 11-02-2006, 03:20 PM
SirHybrid

Originally Posted by SwiftStreetLude
"...the large piece that goes around the shift console is not just a decal, it is an actual trim piece, but it is held on by double sided adhesive tapes..."

What does he mean here?? If its held on by double sided tape, isnt that a decal??
The OEM kit is all plastic. The radio trim and window switches trim pieces are replacements, meaning you take out the stock ones and replace them with the new ones. (for the window switches trim, you have to remove the door panels and remove the screws that hold those pieces in from the backside. The radio bezel just pops out) The center console piece fits over your existing center console. It isn't a vinyl decal, it is hard plastic. It just slips over your center console and is held in place by double-stick tape so it doesn't slide around. Hope I didn't confuse you. Oh, and don't get the woodgrain. It is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEE.