Notices

Just bought a 92 lude Si

Old 03-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Godoferlru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a 92 lude Si

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums here, and I am really interested in my car I just purchased. I wanted to ask some advice as well as opinions.

The body has 191k miles with about 40k rebuilt motor miles. Its clean as a whistle in and out.

#1. H22a swap or Turbo the h23a. I have read that the ssautochrome guy sells good priced turbo kits, minus the quality of the manifold. and downpipe. Which should I go for, I will have about 2000$ come about july.
However I am very interested in the VTEC engine, but I hear its difficult to run boost, and since I live in Jersey with no REAL knowlegdeable(sp?) performance shops around to do the work for me. Since I am not sure how long my current motor will last which do you advise I should pursue?

#2. The digital gas and temp gauges glow a sick ass bright blue, yet my tach and speedo don't match exactly (gauge cluster is a dimmer blue) is it supposed to be that way or can I turn it up, like I can turn the digital down?

#3. Taillights. The OEM taillights are alright but I am looking for something to match the JDM headlights I plan to order. Do the paintable covers look good painted? or should I just smoke the OEM lights slightly? Or is there a set of black housing aftermarket lights that look good? I can't find any I like anywhere.

#4 Wing. What wing looks good on my car, I am a fan of the Universal GTR wing that is sold at www.visionautodynamics.com, but my friend who does my work for the car says it looks too ricey. His opinion is valued to me but so is mine.

That's all the questions I have right now, any suggestions, advice and input is greatly appreciated thanks guys!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

#1 They say the H23 is better to run boost on rather than the H22...if you only have 2k you can build your own turbo...you will need more than 2000 dollars to get the full effect of the H22...so i would turbo the H23

#2 Thats the way the gauges are...but you can buy after market ones

#3 Tailights are all on you

#4 Cant find the wing you speak of?
Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Godoferlru

To find the wing you could just go to ebay and type Invader GTR wing and it will show up, thats the one.

Thanks, but to clarify, the reason the h22 swap is mentioned, is because I do not know how much life is left in my current motor and whether a new h22a 15-35k miles would be better in the long run. But then again, I always suppose I could take of the turbo components and swap them or sell them.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:40 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Yeah that wing to me looks a bit ricey.....if you say that the H23 is about done for than i would definitely look into an H22...also you might want to consider the F22B you could get one for 700 and use the 1300 to get a nice turbo setup.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

H23A1 > F22B IMO look at the numbers. If your engine is rebuilt with 40k it should be a perfect candidate for a turbo kit. But thas true youcould go F22 and with money left over build a bad ass boost kit. Or rebuild the H23 and do the same..hmm tough choices ehh. :thinking:
Old 03-21-2006, 08:19 AM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Originally Posted by Mynard
H23A1 > F22B IMO look at the numbers. If your engine is rebuilt with 40k it should be a perfect candidate for a turbo kit. But thas true youcould go F22 and with money left over build a bad ass boost kit. Or rebuild the H23 and do the same..hmm tough choices ehh. :thinking:
H23 = F22B
Old 03-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
H23 = F22B
OK so the F22B you have is the dohc version from japan right? Cause the american version is sohc and is no where near the specs of a H23. Your right the F22B JDM dohc = H23a1.