Notices

why is my usdm h22a1 so much faster than my girls jdm h22a?

Old 02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why is my usdm h22a1 so much faster than my girls jdm h22a?

I just did a JDM h22a swap into my girls 93 prelude si. In order to save money I reused her stock transmission but I did an upgraded clutch with a 9 lbs flywheel. I have a 90 accord w/USDM H22a1 swap but I used the stock h22a1 transmission. We have basically the same mods, Intake, header, exhaust, and pulleys. I don’t have power steering or a/c, and I normally have a reprogrammed ecu but I put my stock one back in for this run. I also have a stage 2 clutch and stock flywheel.

We went to the track the other day and got beside each other on one of the long straits. Slowed down and did a little street type race. We went and I pulled her by at the very least 5 cars and still pulling when we got to the turn. So we pulled back into the pit and as we swapped cars, I said, there is no way my accord is that much faster, you just must suck at driving (she can drive really good for a girl) so we did it again. This time she pulled away by almost the same distance. My cousin was there in his 95 h23a prelude and we lined them up (I was driving her car) and we ran dead even until he shifted, then I would pull about a car. Then we would stay right there until he had to shift again. I would then pull ahead by another car until I had to shift.

Could the shorter gears in the accord make it that much faster even though her prelude has more hp? I mean I seen how big a difference the gears in an s2000 made but the prelude si and si vtec gears aren’t that much different. Both cars weigh about the same. Other than the seeming lack of power, her car runs GREAT with no CEL's and no hicups (ie. sputtering/missing, hard starting)

Last edited by h22accord; 02-23-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:21 PM
F22B Prelude
Rachel Bilson

Well the 90 accord is lighter than the Lude and also the gear ratio from the H23 is different from the H22 tranny.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:42 PM
h22accord

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude
Well the 90 accord is lighter than the Lude and also the gear ratio from the H23 is different from the H22 tranny.
Your talking about maybe +or- 100lbs(honda rates 2932 for the si vtec, 2866 for the si, and 2857 for the 4dr accord lx) and i think maybe thats due to the f22a being lighter than the h22a(dont know for a fact). Im also pretty sure that I could put 2 full grown 200+ lbs men in my car and still out run her prelude, so i doubt very seriously that weight has much to do with it. I already stated that the ratios were diffrent.

EDIT: I could understand weight and gears contributing to me pulling her by a car or maybe two but not 5 by 100mph and im still pulling.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

switch cars... she could just not be drving it right.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:10 PM
h22accord

Originally Posted by sherwood
switch cars... she could just not be drving it right.
Originally Posted by h22accord
I just did a JDM h22a swap into my girls 93 prelude si. In order to save money I reused her stock transmission but I did an upgraded clutch with a 9 lbs flywheel. I have a 90 accord w/USDM H22a1 swap but I used the stock h22a1 transmission. We have basically the same mods, Intake, header, exhaust, and pulleys. I don’t have power steering or a/c, and I normally have a reprogrammed ecu but I put my stock one back in for this run. I also have a stage 2 clutch and stock flywheel.

We went to the track the other day and got beside each other on one of the long straits. Slowed down and did a little street type race. We went and I pulled her by at the very least 5 cars and still pulling when we got to the turn. So we pulled back into the pit and as we swapped cars I said, there is no way my accord is that much faster, you just must suck at driving (she can drive really good for a girl) so we did it again. This time she pulled away by almost the same distance. My cousin was there in his 95 h23a prelude and we lined them up (I was driving her car) and we ran dead even until he shifted, then I would pull about a car. Then we would stay right there until he had to shift again. I would then pull ahead by another car until I had to shift.

Could the shorter gears in the accord make it that much faster even though her prelude has more hp? I mean I seen how big a difference the gears in an s2000 made but the prelude si and si vtec gears aren’t that much different. Both cars weigh about the same. Other than the seeming lack of power, her car runs GREAT with no CEL's and no hicups (ie. sputtering/missing, hard starting)
b

Last edited by h22accord; 02-23-2006 at 04:02 PM.