Notices

Engine Will Not Start!!

Old 07-13-2005, 11:00 AM
AHall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Will Not Start!!

Hello,

I have a 92 Prelude Si that every once in a while has trouble starting. It sounds like it wants to start but never does. I have not verified that there is no spark or fuel flow, but it seems like everything is working but the engine just does not start. Will it sound similar when trying to start the car if there is no spark? I read somewhere that this could be caused by the fuel relay not working. Or I guess it could be the distributor? I took the car to the shop, but it started fine so there was nothing for them to diagnose.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 07-13-2005, 05:18 PM
mikesta21
93preludesi

same thing w/ me!
(93 si)
it appears to be the 'main relay' classic honda problem because its mostly heat related, but just about a half hour ago at 845 pm it wouldnt start. normally it just never turns over, but you hear the starter trying. but just the pass couple days it sometimes actually wont even make a starter noise, it just clicks a couple times.

its very frustrating... any help would be great
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM
RPV173

I'm having the same problem(93 Si 4WS)...this is after i rebuilt my head and put in a new timing belt. My car doesnt spark no matter what the temperature is. Although when the car was working it would take a while to start up when i left work because it was too hot out maybe...I don't know..... I'm praying that it's my main relay and not my ECU.