Notices

Help engine problems PLEASE

Old 03-07-2005, 06:18 AM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help engine problems PLEASE

SO here is the deal. Since I got the prelude I have had to add oil to it every two weeks or so. i do drive alot and have heard that h22's need a quart every thousand miles or so. So anyways saturday night I was driving and my temp gauge went all the way hot. I stopped check the radiator and it wass empty so I got some 50/50 coolant filled it up and drove 1 mile home and parked it in my garage. The plan was on Sunday I was going to go to the closest shop which was about 2 miles and have them do a coolant system check, halfway there my CEL came on and the car just shut off. No noises or werd bumps , nothing, It shut off like I turned it off. So basically what I am asking is does the 98 prelude's have a feature that when the computer detects an imminent disaster it shuts off and will not allow you to turn it back on without whatevers wrong getting fixed? I also saw steam coming out from behind the intake manifold where I have been told some coolant lines run? Can anyone give me an idea of what happened? I know it is hard to tell without seeing it but any suggestions would be great.

Thanx ,

Sad prelude owner Ken
Old 03-07-2005, 01:28 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

You may have multiple problems, first you should pull the flash codes from the ecu and post them. I would also check for your coolant leak and fix it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:11 AM
atlaccordguy
Blah h22a Blah

Originally Posted by hondatech
You may have multiple problems, first you should pull the flash codes from the ecu and post them. I would also check for your coolant leak and fix it.

Yeah I am fuked the pistons melted. Don't ask. I think the mofo that sold me the car rigged it so that it would drive for a bit cause this all happened too fast. I kept oil in it and didn't have any problems till sat night when I noticed the engine temp all the wa hot. I put coolant in and parked the car. THe next day I put more coolant in and drove half a mile to a shop which was my mistake and now i am gonna pay big time for it. If anyone know s were I can find an h22a4 or if there are any other options like rebuilding please enlighten me. I have a 98 lude.

Ken
Old 03-08-2005, 01:21 PM
preludesitdrive

Originally Posted by atlaccordguy
Yeah I am fuked the pistons melted. Don't ask. I think the mofo that sold me the car rigged it so that it would drive for a bit cause this all happened too fast. I kept oil in it and didn't have any problems till sat night when I noticed the engine temp all the wa hot. I put coolant in and parked the car. THe next day I put more coolant in and drove half a mile to a shop which was my mistake and now i am gonna pay big time for it. If anyone know s were I can find an h22a4 or if there are any other options like rebuilding please enlighten me. I have a 98 lude.

Ken
best bet is to get a motor man. this is the time to build a performance motor if you want one. if not, just get any h22 motor. dont have to be a4. all you will have to is swap your intake manifold and probaly exhaust manifold. if you need a place to get the motor let me know. www.hmotorsonline.com