Notices

jdm parts

Old 01-16-2004, 10:38 AM
hazmat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm parts

what is the motor n tranny in the jdm 5 gen prelude (pref 2001) and were can i get the shit for a complete swap and is it easy?
Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM
nextgenholmes
Senior Member Wannabe

well i dont really know much about jdm cars but i will tell you what i know. i am presently working on a 2000 honda prelude sh and it is getting swapped in a jdm h22a type s motor which with all the research i have done is the only motor out there for the prelude 5th gens that is jdm. im sure there is more but this motor is probly the only one you'd want to swap in. now some say its a expensive move because the motor/tranny will run about 4k now with that 4k you can easily supercharge the motor and have a faster car but if you are like me you want something special. i would worry less about the tranny because is you find the motor you probly just found a good tranny. umm you'll have to look around a bit for a motor but it wont be hard it matters how picky you are. i reqested many pictures of it and i throughly inspected the block and and actually ripped the entire engine down because i didnt not want to lose anything out of this 4k investment. at the moment it is installed inside of the prelude but i am working out the interior details and the wheel works. i have some pics some where but i can't find them i just got back from a 7 week vacation in europe so i am a bit... disoreinted. such as me not being able to spell that word for the life of me. so the moral of this rant is... look at your final goal before looking for jdm in your prelude .... if that makes sense all that much better
Old 01-16-2004, 03:23 PM
ludeconduct8

there are about a 100 engine importers on the net.... just look up H22a...most of the motors you are going to find at the importers are going to be H22A1 which is the motor from the 92-96 preludes.....if you have a 5th gen 97+ their were a couple minor changes like a modified exhaust giving 5 more HP and a closed deck block design....

try www.Hmotorsonline.com
or osakamotorsports or something like that.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:13 PM
hazmat

if i go jdm motor do i have to switch it all over to right hand drive?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:22 PM
ludeconduct8

nope...!
Old 01-17-2004, 01:51 AM
monkey

Originally posted by ludeconduct8
there are about a 100 engine importers on the net.... just look up H22a...most of the motors you are going to find at the importers are going to be H22A1 which is the motor from the 92-96 preludes.....if you have a 5th gen 97+ their were a couple minor changes like a modified exhaust giving 5 more HP and a closed deck block design....

try www.Hmotorsonline.com
or osakamotorsports or something like that.
the h22a4 (97+) is actually an open deck block and the h22a1 is closed deck. the 5 extra hp they said they found by redesigning the IM has so far been found to be a lie, in any case both the a1 and a4 dyno the same amount of whp (+- a few hp).

i think going rate for an h22 swap is around 2800 bucks? go to jdmhondaparts.com.
Old 01-17-2004, 11:31 AM
ludeconduct8

oops i got the two designs switched.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:02 PM
nextgenholmes
Senior Member Wannabe

Originally posted by monkey
the h22a4 (97+) is actually an open deck block and the h22a1 is closed deck. the 5 extra hp they said they found by redesigning the IM has so far been found to be a lie, in any case both the a1 and a4 dyno the same amount of whp (+- a few hp).

i think going rate for an h22 swap is around 2800 bucks? go to jdmhondaparts.com.

meh you are gonna find a "normal" jdm h22 but the type s seems to run much more expensive....
Old 01-23-2004, 03:05 PM
monkey

Originally posted by nextgenholmes
meh you are gonna find a "normal" jdm h22 but the type s seems to run much more expensive....
buying a JDM h22a and converting to type S would be much cheaper than buying a type S, esp if you've got a 4th gen or a non SH base. basically, all you'd need to do is get the slugs and the cams and throw em on there, and tune it, and not have to deal with the sh/type-S trans, ATTS, sh/type-S ecu, etc.