Notices

Trouble Code 14

Old 12-17-2003, 05:32 PM
91PreludeSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble Code 14

Ok, let me start from the beginning.

91 Prelude Si(2.0) w/ 82k

Couple of months ago I started getting a hesitation (actaully almost a stall) if I tried to accelerate with the RPMs under 12k. It did not happen all the time but seems to worst after the car had been running for a bit

Then about month after that started happening, after drive the car for a wail, if I shut it off started it again before it colded down I'd get a check engine light and get a pulse idle. Seem to respond fine on acceleration but if I let up on the gas I got a good jerk.

Now, about 2 weeks later, the check engine light come on wail I'm driving, seems mostly when sitting in traffic, and I get the serging idle. I also noticed a gas smell during a really bad traffic jam.

The Check engine light alway goes off after the car cools down. I finally read the trouble and it is a 14 (IAC value).

Should I just replace the value or is there something else I can try first. Thanks for any help.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:28 PM
ludeboom

check the vacuum connections and electrical connections on the IAC valve first, then you may need to replace the valve if it continues

~boom
Old 12-18-2003, 10:55 AM
91PreludeSi

This is going to sound stupid, but I can't find the IAC. Where should it be on a 91 Si? Thanks again.