Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

I need one stock rim for a 4th gen EX, i believe a 93, where should i look?

Old 12-31-2002, 05:24 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by usc
so any takers? i just got a set of 4dr ex rims looking to be adopted.
what size tire they take? are they 15's?

i might want them for my 96 sedan.

Dave
Old 01-01-2003, 12:26 AM
usc

yeah. they're 15x5.5's.

still have the original stock michie mxv4's. w/ ~76000 miles on them.
Old 01-01-2003, 06:31 AM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Originally posted by usc
yeah. they're 15x5.5's.

still have the original stock michie mxv4's. w/ ~76000 miles on them.
how much would u sell them for? minus shipping? I can arrange some shipping for ya...all u gotta do is box them.

so price of wheels/tires plus price of 4 boxes with tape, etc.

and whats the tread depth on them?

Dave
Old 01-01-2003, 10:50 AM
usc

Originally posted by REbornHONDAneer
how much would u sell them for? minus shipping? I can arrange some shipping for ya...all u gotta do is box them.

so price of wheels/tires plus price of 4 boxes with tape, etc.

and whats the tread depth on them?

Dave
there is tread left but i highly recommend against using them for extended periods mainly because they've been sitting there for 4.5 years so they're probably a bit lopsided. and the inner treads were worn much faster because at the time, i had -2.5 camber up front. oddly enough, though, if you look at the mid-to-outer tread, the wheel could probably go another 15-20k.

i honestly don't know what the wheels are worth. i'll go do some research on that but feel free to throw some offers at me. i'm sure we can work something out.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:17 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Originally posted by usc
there is tread left but i highly recommend against using them for extended periods mainly because they've been sitting there for 4.5 years so they're probably a bit lopsided. and the inner treads were worn much faster because at the time, i had -2.5 camber up front. oddly enough, though, if you look at the mid-to-outer tread, the wheel could probably go another 15-20k.

i honestly don't know what the wheels are worth. i'll go do some research on that but feel free to throw some offers at me. i'm sure we can work something out.
well....i'm not sure what their worth either, but i'm willing to offer $100(figure is negotiable)for the set. Tell me what u think about that offer. And those tires might be so old that they could be deteorating somehow. So most likely i'll toss them and put a new set on when i get them. If it was possible, it'll be cool to take the tires off before shipping but that prolly costs money unless u know somone with a wheel clamp that'll do it for free.

Let me know what u found research wise.

Dave
Old 01-01-2003, 12:22 PM
Rycechyk

Whoa, let me in on this. I have a set of 93 EX stock rims I'd be willing to sell. Of course, they're still on my car. I really want to update, even if it's to nicer Honda rims instead of aftermarket/perfomance. My friend has the same car as I, only it's a 10 Anniversary Edition, so it has the seven spokes, and they even look so much better. I'm considering just checking a junkyard to see if there are any in decent condition. I would love to sell mine, but they are in kinda bad shape, so no one in their right mind should pay what I need. They have good tread left on the Goodyears, I've put 9k miles on them but I don't know how long the previous owner used them. (He had purchased nice rims.) I would definitely be curious to see what kind of price would be paid, so even if you guys settle this in pm or something, could you post a ballpark figure so I know if I should ever try to sell mine?
Old 01-01-2003, 06:28 PM
sam i am

junk yards. one mans trash is another mans treasure.... or some ****.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Namja

Here's a place: http://www.aaarims.com/
Old 01-01-2003, 10:06 PM
REbornHONDAneer
Honda Biased

Originally posted by Rycechyk
Whoa, let me in on this. I have a set of 93 EX stock rims I'd be willing to sell. Of course, they're still on my car. I really want to update, even if it's to nicer Honda rims instead of aftermarket/perfomance. My friend has the same car as I, only it's a 10 Anniversary Edition, so it has the seven spokes, and they even look so much better. I'm considering just checking a junkyard to see if there are any in decent condition. I would love to sell mine, but they are in kinda bad shape, so no one in their right mind should pay what I need. They have good tread left on the Goodyears, I've put 9k miles on them but I don't know how long the previous owner used them. (He had purchased nice rims.) I would definitely be curious to see what kind of price would be paid, so even if you guys settle this in pm or something, could you post a ballpark figure so I know if I should ever try to sell mine?
hhmm...well....what do u mean "in bad condition"? Did u curb the wheels alot and there are alot of scrapes on them? j/w....i personally wouldnt pay higher than $150 to $200 for stock wheels(without tires). I'm offering $100 for his cuz they dont look bad to me, i would like some nice ex's though :-) You have pics of them at all? It would help!

Dave
Old 01-03-2003, 09:16 AM
WHITEPEARL ACC

anyone wanna buy mine??? 4 new sumitomo tires on it from tirerack on 4th gen se wheels? selling them for 325 in nyc or plus shipping...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...a.jpg.orig.jpg