Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

1986 Honda Civic Si fuel injected Dead on road

Old 01-19-2006, 04:04 AM
burt_renolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Honda Civic Si fuel injected Dead on road

I have a problem. I started up my Honda Civic Si 1.5L (fuel injected) one brisk night and began to drive. I noticed that my PGM-FI light was on and my Tachometer needle was bouncing up and down like crazy and was not even close to being congruent with the idle. Well, I kept driving anyway and all of the sudden with no warning she just shut off. I tried to start her back up, but nothing. I could only here the sound of the starter, which sounded a little different than usual. Well, so I got this great Idea, I thought I`d push it as fast as I could with the door open and then jump in, push in the clutch, throw it into 1st and pop the clutch, but nothing happened. So then I caught my breath, put the car into 1st and turned the key as if to start and the car jumped forward like it should, so then I knew the engine was turning. Hopefully not the timing belt!
I have only once before, in the short time I`ve owned this vehicle, seen the PGM-FI light come on. It was a week before the car quit on me. The light came on for about 5 minutes while I was driving and then it went off. No problems that time.
Now what? I have no clue what is wrong with my Civic. I know my clutch is going bad could this have anything to do with it?
Please help me!
Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 AM
gtlaw

i think this is the wrong section, but i would say you probably have distributor/crank angle sensor problems
Old 01-20-2006, 06:49 PM
burt_renolds

Default me again

Just found out the end of my camshft broke off right at the pulley with teeth that the timing belt goes around. Timing belt didn`t break though. Weird huh? What now?