Notices
Parts Classifieds Non-commercial posts only.

F/S B18B1 Complete Swap

Old 01-18-2004, 12:16 AM
uoboarder
Got Boost? I used to

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S B18B1 Complete Swap

B18B1 complete swap. This engine is out of a recently (1/11/04) wrecked/totalled 96 LS with 70k on it. I've driven this car in the past. The tranny is perfect, doesn't grind in any gear, and the engine has great compression. This swap has everything you'll need to drop it into most cars.

-Longblock...complete with distributor, IM, exhaust manifold, valve cover, TB, all sensors, etc.
-wire harness
-ecu
-axles
-shift linkage
-hydro tranny
-and mounts if you want them.
-(If there's anything that I forgot in a complete swap ask or let me know and I'll make sure it comes off the shell and get it to you should you buy it.)

She's looking to find a buyer before she buys the car back this week. She's not looking to make a killing off it, but just wants to see a reasonable price. The amount of money she would like for it depends on her buy-back cost. She wants a reasonable price. I'd buy this myself if I wasn't mid-project with my own DC2 GSR. Shoot...its hard to come by legit B series parts now. I'll ship this thing or meet you in person if you're reasonably close...I'll let you know if its too far for me to drive. I have Cult Leader from JDMintegra.com as a reference. I've met and know Super Moderator Jay99EK on JDMcivic.com as well as the moderator xsicoupe (EG forum) from jdmcivic.com, and j8e007 from superhonda.com. My references from them should give you confidence.

Again, this motor is from a totalled 96 LS. The engine was the stock engine, is legit, and in great condition. This engine isn't stolen, and to prove it I'll give you the serial number to run for yourself. I've done work on the car myself, driven it, and helped maintain it. Reply with confidence. Thanks.

On a side note: there's pretty much anything you could want off this 96 LS for sale too. Let me know what you're interested in.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:58 AM
nik_rek
sabaidee!

How much she willing to take and I'll make offer from there. Email me at www.nik_rek@yahoo.com
Old 01-18-2004, 02:09 PM
MIAMIRACER
bOOstnvtec

I WANT THIS MOTOR DEAL. WHERE U LOCATED. I''L GIVE 800 CASH.
Old 01-18-2004, 05:27 PM
uoboarder
Got Boost? I used to

This is more than just the motor. I hate to break it to you but, if you only want to spend 800 then you should call up hmotors. This is more than just the motor.

She's asking 1700, but the price is negotiable. The engine and myself are located in Oregon....out here in the land of pure rain and no salt on the roads during the winter time.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:37 PM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

1700.00...damn you can find si swaps for that....get real. that is an everyday ls.
Old 01-20-2004, 05:59 PM
uoboarder
Got Boost? I used to

lol Go try and find a B16A2 swap that's got legit numbers. If you can find a complete one with tranny for less than 2200 you're in the rare few that can find them. If you can find one I suggest you buy it so you can sell it next year when its even harder to get them. Oh... 1700 is asking price. That just means that the starting price. I could have wrote 5000 is the asking price, but then all the 16 year olds on this board would piss their pants and have fun increasing their post count complaining about the asking price.

When my brother bought his B18B1 from hmotorsonline last month he paid about 850 for just the longblock. B series stuff is getting hard to find. It'll cost you about 1500 to throw together a B series with tranny, axles, mounts, wire harness, ecu, and linkage. The asking price for this legit swap is completely reasonable. With all the rules and regulations coming down at the tracks in terms of having stolen property in your car do you really want to take that risk and buy a stolen motor? I don't.

BTW... I'll know on Friday 1/23 if I've sold it or not. So till then...quit wasting my time and don't reply unless you want to do business.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:52 PM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

it is still an ls....
http://www.sevenstarjdmmotors.com/index2.html

5th down.....750.00
and i am not 16...but i do allot of research.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:27 AM
uoboarder
Got Boost? I used to

i know you're not 16. I already checked. la de frickin da that its an LS. Its good you do your research...not enough people do. However, that doesn't dismiss the fact that engines and swaps are getting extremely hard to find here on the west coast. If you found a cheap long block on the east coast you'd more than lose you savings after shipping.

Again, good find. However... that's just the long block. Now you'll need a tranny. Look at their "long block" section. Why would they sell an LS engine for 750 and a LS complete swap for 750 too? Cause they don't.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:25 AM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

jus got off the phone.......obd2 ls b18, complete swap. 750.00 w/190.00 shipping anywhere on the east coast. so la de frickin' da to you. complete swap for under a grand. sorry for puking on yer post...but i hate it when i know i am right and the other person is just blowing steam. good luck
Old 01-22-2004, 06:24 PM
uoboarder
Got Boost? I used to

Swap is sold. Thanks for all the PMs. Sorry to the 2 guys who were waiting to hear if my buyer came through on the 1500 for the swap, 300 for the seats, and 700 for F/R brake conversion and master cylinder.