Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

Shut down problem in windows xp

Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 AM
citybiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shut down problem in windows xp

About 50% of the time I try to shut down my computer I get a "program not responding" and I have to end it now. The program is "ccSvcHst" this just started about a month ago. When it does this, it takes about 5 minutes for my system to fully shut down. It is getting annoying, does anybody know what this is or how to fix it? I have tried every kind of scan and fix tool that I know of. Repaired windows files, cleaned registry, cleared restore points, defrag, ran full Norton scan. Nothing seems to work. I keep my hard drive very clean and free of clutter and bloatware. I have no clue what triggered this error.
- Windows XP Pro w/all updates
- Norton 360 w/all updates
Here is my hardware
- Motherboard - Chipset Intel i945P Dell Inc. 0FJ030
- Pentium D 3.2 GHz W/2 cores
Can anyone help me out?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Grifter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

google
http://www.instant-registry-fixes.or...texe-problems/

A bug in certain versions of Norton products, such as Norton 2007 is said to be the main cause of the ccSvcHst error. The bug has been rectified in the latest Norton update. Therefore, the first step toward fixing the problem would be to run the Live Update utility. This will install the latest patches for your Norton product and may resolve the error.

However, if your Norton product is already updated, then first uninstall it by using the “Add or Remove Programs” tool included in Windows. To do this, first open the Start menu and then select Control Panel. Here, select the Performance and Maintenance link and then select Add or Remove Programs. Next, from the Currently installed programs list, select your Norton product and select Remove. Repeat the process for all Norton products listed here, and then restart your PC.