Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

And they called Kerry a flipflopper?

Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And they called Kerry a flipflopper?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

:rofl:

Also, stolen from here:
http://digg.com/political_opinion/CA...ous_Withdrawal

This morning, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), gave several television interviews in which he vigorously advocated staying the course in Iraq. He told the CBS Early Show, “[T]here is progress being made…we’ve got to at least give this new strategy a chance to succeed.”

McCain further claimed, “I don’t recall a time in history while men and women are fighting and sacrificing that one of our major leaders has said that the conflict is lost.” On two separate occasions during the Clinton administration, however, he argued for the approval of legislation guaranteeing the removal of U.S. forces from foreign engagements, regardless of the consequences:

October 1994 — McCain argued for the precipitous withdrawal of U.S. forces from Haiti: “In my view that does not mean as soon as order is restored to Haiti. It does not mean as soon as democracy is flourishing in Haiti. It does not mean as soon as we have established a viable nation in Haiti. As soon as possible means as soon we can get out of Haiti without losing any American lives.” [Senate Floor, 10/6/94]

October 1993 — McCain argued against giving any strategy the chance to succeed in Somalia: “Mr. President, can anyone seriously argue that another 6 months of United States forces in harm’s way means the difference between peace and prosperity in Somalia and war and starvation there? Is that very dim prospect worth one more American life? No, it is not.” [Senate Floor, 10/14/93]
I think the Republican party exists entirely on the average American's 10-minute attention span h:
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

That is why I hate politics!

duck squad member #00003
Old 05-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Duff Man

John Kerry never flip flopped anyways... each time he was accused, it got debunked. It's not far off from the cons accusing Gore of saying he invented the internet. You can make anyone sound like a complete tool when audio is clipped out of full context.

And if you wanna add to those that actually get caught with in full context of flip floppin, lets talk about flipper the mormon Romney.

This panel of cons have no chance... hell, a huge chunk of them publicly admit the denial that evolution exists.

Not to even MENTION the fact that those on the right are calling for a time table for with drawing our troops... yeah yeah they won't "call" it that, but they are calling for severe change in september. Sounds like a time table to me.

These guy's on the right are the biggest group of flip floppin hypocrites in the history of the party.

Last edited by Duff Man; 05-10-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:19 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

All throughout history all politicians change their opinions and views to what suits them best. To make it seem as if the Republicans are the only ones is a falsehood. To make it worse, with today's media on demand, all the time it is very easy to take what people say and contradict it with something they said previously. Even the smallest gaff gets blow out of proportion.

As for Romney had his position gone from pro-life to pro-choice no one would call him a flip flopper on the left. They would say he has "evolved" or some spin like that. But go the other way and you ar cricified by the nits on the left.

As for Kerry it was easy to label him a flip flopper. He contradicted himself on many occasions...most noteable coming to mind was when he was speaking to the Sierra Club and said that he drive fuel efficient vehicles and then when in front of the UAW brags about owning SUVs, that when called on it claimed the SUVs were his families.

It is onething to change a position over time as new evidence comes to light. That is not a flip flop. Flip-flopping is when you change your position on a weekly basis to tailor it to your audience.