Notices
On Topic Serious discussion and debate. No nonsense will be tolerated.

and the dominoe's begin to fall

Old 12-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Duff Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default and the dominoe's begin to fall

But echoe's of recent failures still haunt the american people.

John Bolton is fired, quits, got the shaft, snubbed, whatever....if there is a god, he/she might actually have a plan.

And we all know about rummy...sure sure, the president said he was doing a great job and we are winning in Iraq just a few weeks ago....and we all know the rest.

Now we have Robert Gates as our Secretary of Defense. I had High hopes...a man that can stand tall and speak the truth "no sir, we are not winning in Iraq"...But a quick lunch and a second chance, he quickly intervenes and begins stating that we are not loosing in Iraq...While I understand that he needs to keep the moral of our troops high, I don't understand why he, just like Rummy, will quickly become, yet another, puppet of this administration....a flip flopper.

Before lunch, high hopes, after lunch, word for word quotes that we have been hearing from the shrub for four years. Not a gd thing will change and this moronic administration will cherry pick this countries future in this occupation.

We are rapidly becoming bankrupt as a nation and we are quickly loosing power as an empire... Unless new leadership changes course, we are headed for massive failure.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 AM
reno96teg

uhh, Bolton was not fired, did not get the shaft, did not get snubbed, whatever. quit? kind of..

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An unhappy President Bush said Monday he regretfully accepted John Bolton's decision to leave his temporary job as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Senate opposition, led mostly by Democrats, doomed Bolton's confirmation to serve permanently.
you need to learn to stop posting bullshit if you want to be taken seriously.

Last edited by reno96teg; 12-07-2006 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:45 AM
fjm1
G35

Hey Duff,

Here's a guy I think you will enjoy reading. It's right up your alley.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Daughty/dec062006.html

He's wrong ALOT, just like you, but it makes for entertaining reading....
Old 12-08-2006, 05:51 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Andy you make it so hard to take you seriously sometimes.

And please tell me how the US is an "Empire".
Old 12-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Duff Man

ahhh...here comes the Michael Richards in me!...Conservatives!!!...CONSERVATIVES!!! OOOOOOOOHHHH!

The US is only an empire when a heavily funded preemptive strike becomes a logical answere to all of our problems. When we are allowed funds/credit to go ahead and start striking whatever nation we disagree with, we are now an imperial nation with an endless line of credit. Wooooohoooyeee...here we go! Like a drunk college frat kid and his parents credit card.

On the contrary, the emire will fall as soon as those debts become due.

and neo-cons like warner, pearl, sensenbreiner, ect....they will sit up late at night on FOX news and argue wich country we should strike next...hell, Robertson has been quoted "we need to send somone down to asassinate chevez

Last edited by Duff Man; 12-08-2006 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by reno96teg
uhh, Bolton was not fired, did not get the shaft, did not get snubbed, whatever. quit? kind of..

you need to learn to stop posting bullshit if you want to be taken seriously.
tone down the font sizes...I think you are more bothered by the 1/10th of my point.

irritating...how about a rational argument
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Duff Man

Originally Posted by fjm1
Hey Duff,

Here's a guy I think you will enjoy reading. It's right up your alley.

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Daughty/dec062006.html

He's wrong ALOT, just like you, but it makes for entertaining reading....
bankruptcy is not true? well, its just a theory, but we are surely on that path. Sure, the deficit looks ok, but our nations debt, divided by the number of those that reside/citizens of our country, each owe 24,000 to our government. And this is since 2001. B Clinton had a plan to eliminate the entire national debt in 10 years...not only that, but he eliminated our deficit by a couple hundred million....he created a SURPLUS!

What

the

fuck....

who's the conservative now?

*edit....oh yeah, it's gone now. And the approval raiting on our current prez is just over 35%

What was Bills in the end? Even after the sex scandal? 60%?......65%.....ah thats right, 68%...only 1/3....less some approved Clinton.

Last edited by Duff Man; 12-08-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:57 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Andy, if Clinton had a surplus then why did the US debt progressively grow under Clinton? And this is in no means a justification for Bush because as the graph shows it increased more under his term due to factors he faced that Clinton did not.

http://notesfromparis.typepad.com/.s.../us_debt_1.gif

As for the national debt as a percentage of GDP we are actually doing pretty good compared to the past.

As for Clinton being Conservative, that is one argument you will lose handily.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:59 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Originally Posted by Duff Man
ahhh...here comes the Michael Richards in me!...Conservatives!!!...CONSERVATIVES!!! OOOOOOOOHHHH!

The US is only an empire when a heavily funded preemptive strike becomes a logical answere to all of our problems. When we are allowed funds/credit to go ahead and start striking whatever nation we disagree with, we are now an imperial nation with an endless line of credit. Wooooohoooyeee...here we go! Like a drunk college frat kid and his parents credit card.

On the contrary, the emire will fall as soon as those debts become due.

and neo-cons like warner, pearl, sensenbreiner, ect....they will sit up late at night on FOX news and argue wich country we should strike next...hell, Robertson has been quoted "we need to send somone down to asassinate chevez
There is nothing of fact, anything based in fact, or anything truthfull in here what so ever.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:46 AM
qtiger

Originally Posted by DVPGSR
Andy, if Clinton had a surplus then why did the US debt progressively grow under Clinton? And this is in no means a justification for Bush because as the graph shows it increased more under his term due to factors he faced that Clinton did not.
Because you're looking at it as a % of GDP. And you're ignoring/forgetting the fact that we were in a recession coming into Clinton's term. You can see that in 1995 as the strong growth in the 90's began debt as a % of GDP decreased.

As for the national debt as a percentage of GDP we are actually doing pretty good compared to the past.
First, compared to what? After WWII when all the war bonds came due? Or compared to the 80s and early 90s after the "miracle" of Reaganonomics?

Second, looking at debt purely as a function of GDP is a mistake, as GDP is always increasing. If we were to fix debt as a % of GDP, we'd still be increasing debt by 2-5% yearly.

Our goal should be to reduce/eliminate our national debt, not merely to let it bloat at an "acceptable" rate.

As for Clinton being Conservative, that is one argument you will lose handily.
Clinton was more of a fiscal conservative than any Republican since the 70s.